Power amp off?

• I only now discovered the softswitch POWERAMP OFF in the on page 7 of the Output Menue. Does it really help a lot to switch off the poweramp in terms of

1) hardware wearout?
    2) saving electricity?
    3) heat reduction?

I guess yes, but with 1) I am not so shure. Does it? I know my tube amp was always grateful to have a rest when I made a pause of playing, but is it similar with class D power amps?

I will faithfully try to switch it off just to safe the planet, but I am shure there will come the day when I turn the KPA on and I am totally terrified because the loudspeaker is dead because I forgot to switch on this softswitch again.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I will faithfully try to switch it off just to safe the planet

Heh, the planet has been around for over 3 billion or so years, and will be around for at least that much longer. I doubt very seriously that saving anything we do while here in this tiny "sliver" of time span makes much difference in the big O Universe of things to worry over. As always, YMMV and thats ok. :) BTW- if yer gonna turn off the amp do it because of thunderstorms or house fires etc etc.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Heh, the planet has been around for over 3 billion or so years, and will be around for at least that much longer. I doubt very seriously that saving anything we do while here in this tiny "sliver" of time span makes much difference in the big O Universe of things to worry over. As always, YMMV and thats ok. :) BTW- if yer gonna turn off the amp do it because of thunderstorms or house fires etc etc.

Well... it’ll make a difference to the billions of people who will be affected by serious climate change if things don’t get better. So a good attitude to it like Ingolf & fretboardminer have is the best possible way forward.

• Well... it’ll make a difference to the billions of people who will be affected by serious climate change if things don’t get better. So a good attitude to it like Ingolf & fretboardminer have is the best possible way forward.

I like a good "who done it" thriller as much as the next guy. The climate here changes 4 times a year- Summer, fall, winter, and spring (my favorite). I have a good attitude about most things fantasy or otherwise, but back to reality - I would turn off the amp when finished with it that day. So keep believing in what you want to as will I. Peace Brother. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user