Need help to make some profiles

• Like the title says, i need your best tips on profiling an amp, miked and direct.

I have a collection of old Laney supergroup amps, thirteen heads ranging from 1968 to 71, 60 to 200 watts, every possible combination of speakers the original cabinets came with ranging from 68 to 70 and so on.

So i have a _lot_ of work to do and i want to do it the best i can, mainly for myself as that is _my_ tone, but also for other people to enjoy too, because there are literally no profiles of these in RM and everybody loves the old Sabbath tones right? :')

So the tldr, need seriously good tips i tried twice direct and failed so let me know what to do.

Thanks!

• The best tip I can give you is to read the profiling guide, to start.

My process is to mic the cabinet, run that into a mixer, then out to the Kemper. That way I can set the level perfectly, mix multiple mics, the way I want, etc. I also use moving blankets to cover the cabinet and mics, to add more isolation. Most say it's overkill, but it works for me.

• The best tip I can give you is to read the profiling guide, to start.

My process is to mic the cabinet, run that into a mixer, then out to the Kemper. That way I can set the level perfectly, mix multiple mics, the way I want, etc.

Yeah i've been reading a lot but nothing beats hands on experience.

What is your return level set at?