Curious... what external pedals are a must with your Kemper?

• Like Ingolf said, we also have a Freqout, for us in front of the Kemper. It is magnificent.

We also have a Mimiq in the (stereo) external effect loop that used to get more use, it is still there though.

I have the Freqout in the loop for Elec stuff, and swap it for a Mimiq (in stereo loop) for acoustic accompaniment with a singer. Still hoping these effects will be KPA inbuilt one day, but tbh I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing in front typically. I'm a fuzz pedal addict/dork, but find the inbuilt fuzz's are fine for live things. Recording though, I always use a real fuzz pedal as the subtleties become more obvious.

• None here everything is done by the Kemper, couldn't be happier

I am seriously considering getting the Stage, Booyah are you able to dial up lead tones using different rigs in the rig manager? I currently have a Mesa Lonestar and switch between 3 or 4 overdrive pedals depending on the amount of gain I need. I was hoping I could just eliminate those pedals and only use the Kemper for everything including lead tones.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Thanks to all who shared. It looks like the most used FX are a sustainers, ODs and non reverb/delay Modulation/Time-based FX.

• I bought the FreqOut because of this thread :P.  
    • I am playing around with the Archer and Protein OD pedals.
    • I really love fuzz and am very particular about it so the fuzzes maybe my biggest add. I will limit myself to two at a time, but I’m playing with the Octahive, Muffuletta, Sasori, and Twin Bender.
    • I have an H9, but so far I am enjoying the FX on the Kemper. I mostly only use delay and reverb anyway and I don’t have a picky enough ear for the other types of FX to want a separate pedal.

I have to say I am loving the wholeness of the Stage. I have a rack and remote and just found it to be too much for setting up with external pedals and vocal harmonizer when gigging. However, knowing more now about how the Kemper works, I could have made that setup less complicated.

I’m limited myself to what can fit on a Nano+ board in terms the external pedals so I’m not adding too much depth to width to my setup.

• None here either, all my gain is amp gain. Love the built in Wah and sometimes use the transpose to drop a semitone.

Love the clean pedal board and not having to worry about power bricks etc.

• Thanks to all who shared. It looks like the most used FX are a sustainers, ODs and non reverb/delay Modulation/Time-based FX.

• I bought the FreqOut because of this thread :P.  
    • I am playing around with the Archer and Protein OD pedals.
    • I really love fuzz and am very particular about it so the fuzzes maybe my biggest add. I will limit myself to two at a time, but I’m playing with the Octahive, Muffuletta, Sasori, and Twin Bender.
    • I have an H9, but so far I am enjoying the FX on the Kemper. I mostly only use delay and reverb anyway and I don’t have a picky enough ear for the other types of FX to want a separate pedal.

I have to say I am loving the wholeness of the Stage. I have a rack and remote and just found it to be too much for setting up with external pedals and vocal harmonizer when gigging. However, knowing more now about how the Kemper works, I could have made that setup less complicated.

I’m limited myself to what can fit on a Nano+ board in terms the external pedals so I’m not adding too much depth to width to my setup.

I bought a FreqOut as well. It runs in the fx loop of my HX Stomp and then into the Kemper. I use the Stomp for compression and a couple OD/Fuzzes before I hit the Kemper. I think the FreqOut is my favorite new specialty pedal.

-StumblinMan

(Gary)

• Finally put my experimental board together. FreqOut, Fuzzes and ODs. I got my Kone today and put it into a Hughes & Kettner TM112 cabinet. Should be a fun weekend. Pedals are on a Metro 20, all powered by a Cioks DC5.

• Yeah, heavy fuzz user here , from the cheap SF300 to a boutique Nitrogen 21 one , both really different and complement each other.

I also have a bluescrab by mooer , it's a marshall bluesbreaker clone, does marvels on some profiles as a dirt boost.

Freq Out and Viscous vibe are the last additions , works great , but I couldn't find how to use the univibe in strereo yet.

I reckon I do profiles with pedals engaged, but it's more fun to use the pedals to tweak my sound on the fly while recording.

• Thanks for sharing in this thread.

I'm torn. I have bass guitar pedals already - but I don't have any guitar pedals right now and I don't have a remote for my Toaster.

I am tempted by the Line 6 HX Effects to act as a board instead of the remote. I typically don't switch amp tones live all the time. I am looking for overdrives and comps, leslie, tremolos, - primarily for rhythm guitar playing.

I don't want to deal with a remote and pedals - seems like a lot to configure. Admittedly, I really like and enjoy the Line 6 way for effects - but I'm blown away by the profiles I have purchased or found for the tones.