Noise Gate Question

• Hi guys,

Is there a way of having the noise gate turned on all the time INFRONT of the amp without having to take up one of the stomp pedals (I - II - III - IIII)?

I've tried using the "X" slot AFTER the amp signal but it's not as effective.

Regards

Andrew

• No. You can put it in a slot and lock it but only the global noise gate can be used without taking up a Stomp slot.

Exactly, If you long press input on your Profiler there is a setting for a general noise gate which can be locked.
    However I wouldn't recommend setting that one too high.

• I usually have the noise gate on 3.7. Do you think that will be ok to set globally? Does anyone have it on all the time?

I personally try to only use it if there is "no other way" of coping with noise. At as a minimum level as possible. I don't see any purpose for it to be turned on with clean sounds so, no, the use of a ng is better used individually, according to each sound or patch imo.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I personally try to only use it if there is "no other way" of coping with noise. At as a minimum level as possible. I don't see any purpose for it to be turned on with clean sounds so, no, the use of a ng is better used individually, according to each sound or patch imo.

EpicusFuror, I guess so, but it also depends on which guitar you use and the overall environment.
    e.g. a guitar with single cois will always be noisier than one equipped with humbuckers. & my 'home studio' gives me less noise compared to my rehearsal room.

I have my NG at 1,4 for every profile (on input though) but I guess you can try stuff out and see what works best for you.
    You can lock the input settings which means that any profile you use, will always have the same input settings :)

• Yes, I also only use the gate at the input section - always individually per preset - but most of the time off - I am not a huge high gain fan. As you say, various parameters like pickups etc. influence the noise level. That's why being able to recall totally individual patches with the Kemper is such a strength.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I use noiseless pickups and humbuckers to minimise it at the source, plus I don't use lots of gain often, so I leave the global gate off and use a stomp slot for patches that need it.