Spin-Off Off-Topic posts in Rig Manager 3 thread

• Not trying to be mean and different strokes n all, but I guess Im just an old "fuddy duddy". I couldn't name you one single hit any of them ever made. Now you wanna talk about Skynyrd, Deep Purple, The Doors, ZZ Top, Jeff Healey, and don't forget the Stones and Beatles, then we got something to discuss. ;)

I’m closer to 50 than I can believe....So I’m ‘experienced‘ enough....

Yes.....you’re being an old fuddy-duddy. Go back to defending your lawn. ?

I quit listening to the local ‘classic rock’ station years ago. I mean....how many times a day do I need to hear Skynyrd, Deep Purple, The Doors, ZZ Top, Jeff Healey, and don't forget the Stones and Beatles. ?

(This is meant tongue-in-cheek.)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Care to elaborate? Is the new OS no good?

One just needs to look at the Stage introduction thread and the numerous threads started reporting problems. No reason to believe they won't be fixed, but it's significant enough that some guys who were thrilled for the Stage can't trust it to use live until all the bugs are figured out, and new ones seem to replace the old ones when fixed. Seems really touch-and-go.

Obviously this OS will be working with the new Rig Manager, so it's worth monitoring.

• Well, for the Northern Hemisphere folks, we have a mere ~34 days to wait... for those in the Southern Hemisphere... and let's hope they didn't mean when Summer ends THERE (Nicky, Kiwi-Ashweth, and other Southerners, please confirm)... well, you are going to be waiting 'til the last day in February.

Confirmed, Jeffro.

Our winter ends September 1st, so I've assumed all along that this is Kemper's "deadline", but from what you're saying Europe's summer doesn't end then? If that's the case, I was wrong to say we're at 8PM on the day-scale and the company in fact has more than 4 hours left.

• One just needs to look at the Stage introduction thread and the numerous threads started reporting problems. No reason to believe they won't be fixed, but it's significant enough that some guys who were thrilled for the Stage can't trust it to use live until all the bugs are figured out, and new ones seem to replace the old ones when fixed. Seems really touch-and-go.

Obviously this OS will be working with the new Rig Manager, so it's worth monitoring.

I thought these two posts had a good angle on the editor with regard to the Stage.

Seems like Mothership will be working overtime (assuming their engineers are back from summer holidays) to ensure that whenever the full-fledged release of the Editor is out, there won't be any further issues of the kind we have seen reported with the last two updates.

My take on the Stage software bugs? Sh*t happens, though I understand people who paid money won't be too happy. Hopefully that will be resolved in the near future.

On the other hand, hardware like knobs falling off and buttons failing on the Stage is reminiscent of the infamous LED issue, which was nipped in the bud really quickly.

Obviously some dodgy supplier of parts that were not made to spec. It's likely that the issue has been taken up on a war footing.

As far as the Editor not being ready yet... I've lived this long without an editor, one more month or even three without one isn't going to kill me. I hope Kemper does it the right way and it's a cutting edge solution for management of all things Kemper. :thumbup:

• OD stomps......Univibe.....dual amps......kemper 2.0......etc....

There will always be something to discuss I’m sure :D

Is dual amp is expected someday ?

May be hopefully an update on how add those low end, i mean you can crucify me for saying that but Bias Fx and look at the price to really understand, does have dual amp as well low ends therefore there is reasons to complain imo. Its kind sad i have to switch between these two unit to get the sound i really enjoy that's why i can't wait for the editor to come out, my mind might change after that. If not, selling the amp might sadly happen. Spending extra money on frfr cab or subwoofer to add consistencyto the sound is realy annoying

• I thought dual amp was not possible with the current hardware. You can see what the list of priorities are by checking through this forum. Editor, os7, updated stomps, sweetened tunings etc. I'm sure they have a few other surprise ideas too.

Bias FX is quite a different product and not something I found in the same ballpark to Kemper personally.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I bet we will see a first version of it before the end of September.

What the holy f*** ! Why is this statement about the new Editor off topic in the "New Editor" thread? What was wrong with the post that users should remain patient about the new editor? I am really pissed but I will survive. Even if collateral damage I want to hear an excuse.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• What the holy f*** ! Why is this statement about the new Editor off topic in the "New Editor" thread? What was wrong with the post that users should remain patient about the new editor? I am really pissed but I will survive. Even if collateral damage I want to hear an excuse.

Alienator my bad, sorry - a simple pilot error. your contribution is back where you posted it.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Alienator my bad, sorry - a simple pilot error. your contribution is back where you posted it.

Did not expect an apology that quick. Thank you, it is accepted. I will remain calm and silent about the rest of that issue (my other post about the editor. May it rot in here, in this thread 8o). Thanks.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Bias FX is quite a different product and not something I found in the same ballpark to Kemper personally.

Yes absolutly Yes, i know it's not comparable for a gap price of 1400$ you can obviously expect so much more but still it's a bit a dowgrade not to be able to do things that a 200$ software can do you see

• Yes absolutly Yes, i know it's not comparable for a gap price of 1400$ you can obviously expect so much more but still it's a bit a dowgrade not to be able to do things that a 200$ software can do you see

Different philosophies, different architectures. The Kemper uses a specific DSP chip with onboard audio processing and is programmed in assembly, I believe, enabling lowest possible latency (which contributes to many concluding that the “feel” of the KPA is more realistic than other modellers). Bias FX is software, and by nature is reliant on whatever the specs of the system you run it on, yet still hampered by the software routines and efficiency of coding. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

• I thought dual amp was not possible with the current hardware. You can see what the list of priorities are by checking through this forum. Editor, os7, updated stomps, sweetened tunings etc. I'm sure they have a few other surprise ideas too.

Bias FX is quite a different product and not something I found in the same ballpark to Kemper personally.

Is dual amp is expected someday ?

May be hopefully an update on how add those low end, i mean you can crucify me for saying that but Bias Fx and look at the price to really understand, does have dual amp as well low ends therefore there is reasons to complain imo. Its kind sad i have to switch between these two unit to get the sound i really enjoy that's why i can't wait for the editor to come out, my mind might change after that. If not, selling the amp might sadly happen. Spending extra money on frfr cab or subwoofer to add consistencyto the sound is realy annoying

Sorry guys was a just comment to another post saying what will complain about when the editor is released..the dual amp is only possible under the current kemper if they are profiled together. It doesn’t stop people from complaining about it though ^^