Kemper Shock

• Hello guys, just looking for some advice so far I love the kemper but I'm having a problem with it but being in bought it second hand I'm not sure I could send it off to be fixed, I have a powered kemper and anytime I use the power from it such as using it with a passive cab or powering the remote I get shocked through my guitar, not an issue when playing with active frfr and not using remote but I want to fix it, not a bad shock but it does hurt a bit and causes noise when I touch metal on my guitar, does it with all my guitars, and no ground lifts are on back, any suggestions will help thanks.

• Contact support and stop using it. Getting shocked means it *is* dangerous.

I think you’ll be surprised at how reasonable Kemper is with repairing their gear.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• thank you guys, I have sent an email to support just waiting on a response, I have to use it for next gig but with active frfr and I guess no footswitch yet so I'll not have any shock. Can't wait to learn more about this thing from this great community!

• thank you guys, I have sent an email to support just waiting on a response, I have to use it for next gig but with active frfr and I guess no footswitch yet so I'll not have any shock. Can't wait to learn more about this thing from this great community!

Whoa this is still risky. Don’t use it until it’s officially checked.

• Whoa this is still risky. Don’t use it until it’s officially checked.

Yup, there are plenty of cases were faulty equipment has lead to fatalities in the music business. I wouldn’t even entertain the idea of using it after you’ve had a belt. Just out of curiosity, is the ground lift engaged?

You’re literally playing with your life using it.

Don’t be silly. It’s not a risk worth taking. Ever.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• when I received it all ground lifts switches were engaged, not now however, I feel comfortable using it with an active frfr, just not with anything the kemper would have to power internally, leads me to believe there is an issue with the power amp, no issue when not using that, not sure how long it usually takes to get a response from the company, but I've also tried to call and can't get a hold of anybody.

• I hope so too, im trying to figure out how old it is to see if it's still warrantied, if not, don't really know what to do, if they can give me some support maybe I can fix it on my own

• I sent an email with serial number, to see if it's under warranty, has anyone ever sent one in without warranty? just curious about cost, took most of my saved up money to buy this glorious beast

• I sent an email with serial number, to see if it's under warranty, has anyone ever sent one in without warranty? just curious about cost, took most of my saved up money to buy this glorious beast

The first Kemper I had, I blew the power amp because I was a noob. I sent it to them, they fixed it and sent it back to me free of charge. I can’t say what they’ll do in your case but they’re pretty good in general.