Trying to create perfomances in Rig Manager

• AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

I just updated the latest bug fix for RM 2.3.9 and was excited to see that this update fixed a problem with jumbled slots in performance mode. Unfortunately, ,ime still seems to be as bad as ever. I have been holding out very high hopes for a new version of rig manager for auditioning profiles and building performances but I only hope RM3 can solve all problems with the existing setup.

So tonight I tried to make a simple performance with 5 slots of the same MBritt 69 Marshall 50 just with different gain ranges from clean to screaming with a Klon. I loaded them all by dragging and dropping from a second window. With slot 1 the clean rig up to slot 5 the most gained up. As usual RM totally failed me. First time it showed The rig names as imported but had all the Dumble ODS profiles from the last performance I was using in the actual slots except slot 1 which was the hi gain marshall profile even though the name showed as the clean Marshall profile :(

I tried dragging the same profiles again into the slots. This time I got the right amps but slot 1 still remained the high gain profile even though I dragged in the clean one again for good measure.

I honestly have no need for an editor to twiddle knobs ( I know others do and that's fine) but I really need to be able to have confidence that when I put rigs in performance slots they will actually be there first time every time. At the moment I still consider Rig Manager totally unusable (despite many attempts to do so) for anything other than just browsing through rigs using the keyboard up and down arrows.

I hate moaning about the Kemper as I genuinely love mine and consider the team like Burkhard to be a fantastic group of dedicated professionals but RM really is unworkable in its current state. I'm using it on a Mac with OS 10.14.5 if that makes any difference and am connected directly to the computer's USB port (i.e. no USB hub in between).

• I've had similar issues as you in the past with RM for Windows.

My habit has been to drag/drop or copy/paste rigs into a performance slot.

Often I'd find that rigs were named incorrectly, or the default "Crunch" was found in a slot that I had replaced already with whatever I wanted.

I found that I had to use "store" every time I put a new rig in a slot. That was the only stable/consistent way for me to get success.

Now... I just updated to RM 2.3.9 and tried the experiment again. Like you I took a MBritt AC30 pack and drag/dropped ever increasing gain rigs into slots 1 - 5 of performance 40.

Dayum if it didn't work perfectly this time!!

I'm hoping that this isn't a one off, and that it:

a) Keeps working this way for me, and

b) Finds its way to you in the next MAC upgrade!

• Cool thanks for the feedback. Glad it worked for you. I always found in the past that it might work sometimes but not others. It was totally unpredictable but when you got a performance screwed up nothing would fix it and the only choice was to delete it and start again.

Keep an eye on it at your end and let me know if it stays stable for you.

Cheers