Two Kemper stage out of order... MAYBE THREE!!!!!

• Thanks for your answers!

I'm really sure that the profiler (rack or head) is a great and stable device... my question is about the stage, apparently Kemper is a serious team but I have serious doubts about the way they can handle all the problems with it...

Every person on this thread had a problem with this device...

Guitarist is my job... I can't take a risk

• Thanks for your answers!

I'm really sure that the profiler (rack or head) is a great and stable device... my question is about the stage, apparently Kemper is a serious team but I have serious doubts about the way they can handle all the problems with it...

Every person on this thread had a problem with this device...

Guitarist is my job... I can't take a risk

I agree with you but would suggest to give them another chance.

My impression is that they gambled that they would have few problems with the release of the Stage. Most of their engineers were or are still on holiday.

I’m sure when the dust settles down they will make sure the Stage is as thrust worthy as their other products. For now, they are rolling out fixes as we speak. And defective devices are replaced with a very fast turnaround.

I will not defend the way they handled this release. I see it as an error in judgment and I can not fathom what their motives were for rushing this release like they did.

Yes, we have all paid premium prices to be beta testers and that is not ok in my book, especially combined with the very slow fixes caused by the holidays.

But at the end of the day the brand is like apple, most users would let them get away with murder.

The user base is extremely loyal and rightfully so. I don’t think Kemper ever messed up like this before and don’t think they ever will again.

Very soon we should have a stable device (maybe 7.0.5 already is.. have not connected RM yet).

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• anyone else?

My stage had a lot of problems at the beginning. Since the last update it seems to be stable.

I wonder why Kemper launched the device with a beta. Reliability is one of the main arguments for a digital guitar system.

Still, I think Kemper can handle it. And I like the new form factor. At the moment I always reboot the device once after connecting it to USB. The two rehearsals I had with it so far ran flawlessly.

• Wow, that was really bad luck, I feel sorry for you. But for your information (maybe this can be some kind of consolation): I have had 3 Kempers so far (1 powered toaster, 1 unpowered toaster and 1 unpowered rack). I never had any issues with the units whatsoever, everything was fine from day one until I sold two of them (for a stage) and they still work like Swiss clocks for their new owners. I bought a stage with a broken switch (known issue, resolved now). It was excanged within 10 days, I was sent a perfect new one that works as it is supposed to. Today I bought a second stage. This also works perfectly. So, you see, you just had bad luck. But stick with it. Normally it is a great and reliable unit and a great company with good support.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Don’t give up yet Bidulemachinchose, let Kemper support have a chance to get you sorted out. I bought my stage from Kemper US store and my unit had a non functioning foot switch in the 2 position. I contacted them and they replaced it with a new unit that they tested before shipping. They overnighted me the new unit with a prepaid return shipping label. That unit is working perfectly and I could not be happier. I understand your frustration, especially since playing guitar is how you make your living. Let them send you a new one and get that glorious Kemper t-shirt! Good luck brother, hope it all works out for you.

• I too had my stage freeze up on me Would not turn on called support they sent me info on how to fix it

I have updated it to the new os, so far 2 days

And many hours later it’s working perfect. I also

Have a toaster had it for years with no problems. This

Is a great company with great support. They will make it right

• Thanks a lot for all those answers.
    I can understand the software problems but the hardware problems worry me much more.
    Do they pull down manufacturing prices using cheaper components like many companies to increase their margins?

How are these machines going to age if from the beginning they go off the rails...
    That worries me
    I’m still thinking about my decision but thank you again! :thumbup:

• Let me tell you how serious this company is. About two years ago my toaster had a led out. The warranty had long since expired(it was purchased in 2012) When I contacted Kemper to find a repair center, Kemper offered to fix it for FREE. They even paid for the shipping both ways. Didn't cost me a dime. Turns out the led panel they got from their supplier that year was defective. Point is I didn't know that and they didn't have to tell me that. Thats how SERIOUS this company is.

My Kemper fell. Sent to repair it. Don't know how this will work out, probably they receive it tomorrow. But I cannot complain about their commitment. Great and fast response untill now. Customer friendly approach. Very serious indeed.

• My Kemper fell. Sent to repair it. Don't know how this will work out, probably they receive it tomorrow. But I cannot complain about their commitment. Great and fast response untill now. Customer friendly approach. Very serious indeed.

Don't worry they'll sort it out. They may have their hands full at the moment with the Stage release. But your issue will be resolved. After what they did for me I have NOTHING bad to say about them. Kemper is a class act for sure.

• Hello,

I have a problem with my tap tempo switch...it works occasionally...on quicker setting works better then on slow one...Any one else have the same issue...everything else works as it should...any suggestions ..Thanks.

• I would like to ask Ingolf since he have both Kemper devices and a lot of experience...how tap tempo works with his Stage device.Thanks for answer and Best Regards

Works great here. Could it be that you have a defective switch?

Please open a support ticket.

• I am using the Stage with the latest OS - I had the unit freeze up on me last night for the first time.

Kept doing it even after a power reset. Not sure if this is related but I realized I created a duplicate rig with the same name.

The Kemper only started to freeze after the duplicate rig was accidentally created. The freezing stopped after I deleted the duplicate.

Also I noticed using the rig manager tends to slow things down on the Kemper and the are times the syncing message does not go away.

• I am using the Stage with the latest OS - I had the unit freeze up on me last night for the first time.

Kept doing it even after a power reset. Not sure if this is related but I realized I created a duplicate rig with the same name.

The Kemper only started to freeze after the duplicate rig was accidentally created. The freezing stopped after I deleted the duplicate.

Also I noticed using the rig manager tends to slow things down on the Kemper and the are times the syncing message does not go away.

That's interesting, you should create a support ticket so that they are aware of it and can address it if need be.