Changing Out a Rig in a Performance

• Hi Guys,

This is going to be a super basic question, but sometimes I get stuck on the dumbest stuff. So while I will appreciate the inevitable funny answers, I want to say thank you to the person who just steps ups and helps me out. So thank you in advance! On to my stupid problem...

Kemper: Toaster version

When I establish a performance of 5 rigs, I have ALOT of trouble changing one out. For example, yesterday I wanted to completely erase rig / slot #3 and I ended up with very different yet diabolical results.

I deleted the slot in rig manager, and attempted to copy / paste a new rig in from my local library directly in to that slot. Looked good on rig manager, but on my actual Kemper, it pasted over my rig in slot one. I had to work furiously to get my main tone back in time for a gig last night ....yes, I know...back it up, back it up, back it up...I had backed it up last week but made some major tweaks this week. =O

Second attempt, I tried to change the rig in slot #3 by using "browse" on the Kemper itself, and rolled it to the new amp. This worked except the new rig had all the previous amp, cab, EQ, and FX settings, which I did not want.

To keep this from becoming a novel, would someone please give me a step by step of changing out a rig completely in a performance? Again, thank you much! :)

• I will appreciate the inevitable funny answers,

So your humour is not gone. Very good. Humour keeps life nice... keep it up. And there are no dumb questions at all.

Regarding your problem not sure if I can help: Am I right that you are doing all this directly with your Kemper and not by using a Laptop/PC with the RigManager on it? I use the RigManager all the time to create and change my Performances and (with one little exception) it works extremely well and intuitive including copy/paste in different flavours.

So far I never did it without the RigManager so others here might be in a better position to help out. Anyway I would not expect that it is too complicated for the cases you describe.

This worked except the new rig had all the previous amp, cab, EQ, and FX settings

Sounds to me like the "Lock" button was activated then as this is even a wanted behaviour from time to time. Works as designed. So please make sure that nothing is "locked" when you change the rig.