Help with basic live setup please .

• So i have the change to play in a live band again finally . :)
    So im planning to play my unpowered kemper head with a line 6 powercab 112 ( any other suggestions in same price category are welcome)

So but what do i need and how to connect the head to the powercab?

I also have question how u users use the kemper live ? do you place it on top on the cab? and is it safe , the kemper is lightweight , so what could i use to make sure when someone trip over my cable my kemper doesnt fall to the ground?

(i dont have the money yet for the pedalboard :( ) . But its rock roll so maybe 2 profiles needed

• For smaller gigs i don't bother with a cab or a separate monitor, but just use the monitor signal i get from foh, same as wheresthedug describes.

One advice i found helpful was to look for the profiles you like using a PA and having an EQ after the Amp section to adjust to your guitar, make a low and high cut, maybe check for a small mids boost if needed. It will cut through better, the low cut (at around 200hz) makes sure you don't fight with the bass guitar, and the high cut (at around 5-6k) makes sure it doesnt fizz and hiss.

have fun :)

once a purist, then analog pragmatic and finally a digital believer who found out that you can't hear a mosquito fart in a band-context.

• I set mine on top of an PA speaker I use for monitoring, it also has handles on the side which I thread my guitar cable through so I don't yank the Kemper off by mistake while playing.

• Kemper monitor out to Atomic CLR for me onstage, main out to FOH. I have a little rotary expression pedal that I connect to the remote which allows for easy control over the CLR's output.

• I have a few set ups...

I have the powered rack, so usually use an FRFR unpowered and have it on the top like a conventional amp. No chance to pull it off ( ohh err missus) as I'm wireless. I simetimes use IEM's if I can force myself to protect my hearing.

Last week for the first time I did what Wheresthedug did and went purely FOH, using the in house monitors....twas another revelation, as so did the other guitarist and the bass player (through his HX stomp). NO cabs on stage!!