Several problems... due to version!

• I have several problems with my powerhead and I don't know if this has something to do with newer versions and a different lay out.

1. I still use a midipedal for accessing my rigs.

If I have a rig under no. 1 called Run to you and I use the browse knob to look for the next rig,. Then everything has become unalfabetical and I see rigs starting with A.

Is this normal?

2. I use to dial with the Type knob*(left next to the left side of the screen to find) quickly the Transpose function.

Now I get three different columns in which scrolling is not possible to find quickly what I need. I tried it with Browser knob, Type knob, left, right, up and down knobs

Nothing seems to work. It hasn't become easier.... Please bring back the old routing....! So far I can't get a simple Transpose... Why making it so difficult?

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• I find the new preset system much much easier than the old one.

The Type knob controls the first and second columns. Column one is the Main FX category (OD, Delay etc). If you press the first softkey (top left) the type knob now selects the sub category (Single Delay, Quad Delay etc). The Browse knob selects the preset from the filtered list. However, you can scroll directly between all the sub categories and main categories with just the Browse knob so it can effectively function like the old system if necessary.

• I find the new preset system much much easier than the old one.

The Type knob controls the first and second columns. Column one is the Main FX category (OD, Delay etc). If you press the first softkey (top left) the type knob now selects the sub category (Single Delay, Quad Delay etc). The Browse knob selects the preset from the filtered list. However, you can scroll directly between all the sub categories and main categories with just the Browse knob so it can effectively function like the old system if necessary.

This.

I find the new solution working great for me.

• The new menu system is a lot better than the old one, but it's still annoying when you have to scroll back and forth though every menu item, when you could simply just circle back around again. I can't understand why the Kemper has never had a continuous scrolling loop feature for its menu system, when you're at the start or at the end of a menu you can only go one way? Why can't you simply loop back around again? It gives you the option to quickly jump back to the start or back to the end of a menu, and it makes using a menu system so much easier.

• but it's still annoying when you have to scroll back and forth though every menu item, when you could simply just circle back around again. I can't understand why the Kemper has never had a continuous scrolling loop feature for its menu system, when you're at the start or at the end of a menu you can only go one way? Why can't you simply loop back around again?

i’m tot With you on that one. Not only the menu but also Browser mode and Performance mode. It is a pain not being able to go from last performance to first performance without scrolling backward through the full set.

• But this all doesn't answer my other question... An example:

- I assign the rhythm profile of Run To You (R-alfabet section) to pedal 1 on my midi board

- Now I want to assign the next solo profile of this song to pedal 2 so I scroll with the Browse knob again to the R section.

But what I get is songs beginning with A. This means a whole lot scrolling to the R again!

Still I have SORTED BY NAME in the song name ticketed...

Is this unconvience also new....? Starting again from A when scrolling?

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• Those are two unrelated questions as far as can see. I don’t remember the Rig search ever operating any other way but I could be wrong - my memory isn’t great anymore.

I've got a possible workaround though as long as the rigs you want to load are stored by song name,

Lat's say you have Slot 1 loaded with Run To You - Into. Now you want to load Run To You - Verse in to slot 2. Hit the Copy button while Slot 1 is selected. Not Use the Right Navigation Key (the Rig Cross) and Paste this into Slot 2. Now turn the Browse wheel and the search will start from the currently loaded Rig (in this case Run To You - Intro).

• Hi Timo. Thanks for your suggestion but this doesn't work. Try it...

When I had my rhythm profile (Run to you verse) assigned to a midi number, then for many years now I used to dial the Browse knob again which led me to that same rhythm profile again and my following (alfabetical) profile was my solo profile (Run to you solo) No scrolling ws.e....just assigning the next midi number and ready! Hopefully it's clear now what I mean.

Is this operation not functioning anymore, mayby due to new OS versions?

• Hi Wherestthedug,

I'm lost here. Can't get it done. The problem is that my profiler doesn't save the assigned midinumber for the song. If I save that song for number 1 and shut the profiler off and turn it on again, then he comes up with number 13 for that song and has put another song on that number 1. Completely irrational. I took another midi cable but the same result.

Never had this problem before...that is: before updating to BETA 7.0.5.14.... yesterday! So the only logical explanation is that this problem is caused by this new OS version...!

• I finally found out what is wrong. It's the new Beta 7.0.5..... update.

The problems came for me at a seriously wrong moment, just before a gig! Let me explain.

Every time I assigned a couple of songs in the right order to a midi number on my midi board. But when turning the Profiler off and back on, every song under its corresponding midi number had been replaced by another song. So nothing had been saved actually. I tried this several times, thinking I was going mad after a while. But every time I kept on getting other songs under right chosen and saved midi assigns.

And another problem came with it. Scrolling with the Browse knob (alfabetical) for following rigs was no more possible! There was nothing wrong with my midi board! So it had to be the Profiler itself!! Then it came to me that it had to be that update version, causing all this, because never before these problems occured!

So I downgraded to my previous version from May 5 and YES! after installing everything went fine again. I will never upgrade again with a Beta version. It causes a lot of trouble and frustration! I advise anyone to leave these kind of "upgrades".

It's bad that no one from Kemper warned for this really annoying bug!

• That's why it's a beta version... sigh...

Don't use it when you have an important gig. Beta versions exist for this very reason, to be able to find these kind of bugs.

• That's why it's a beta version... sigh...

Don't use it when you have an important gig. Beta versions exist for this very reason, to be able to find these kind of bugs.

What the use of it if it's no good? Why release it with bugs and send it to the world...? That makes no sense for the public.

• So are you saying they are different from the rack and toaster versions?

I think the situation regarding the Stage is a bit different and not directly comparable to the Head/Rack versions.

For the Head/Rack there are perfectly stable release versions available, so no reason to use a beta version in critical applications.