Inconsistent Profile Problem

• So, I have a unique problem that I've only started really having with the latest 6.0.0 update. I'm having an issue with profiles being inconsistent. What I mean by that is, I realize if you make 3 profiles in a row of the exact same set up, the might differ in sound slightly...but generally, they will have the same feel...but this is not what's happening. I'm talking "night and day" difference.

I've been having issues with my profiles sounding like the definition has been turned to -10 all of the sudden (which is obviously not what's REALLY happening but just what it sounds like)...and it's happening more frequently. I made a profile of a set up with a boost in front (I know you're not normally supposed to do that but I've been doing it with the kemper for years and have had good luck) and then I decided to try another boost from the same company, just a different model...and again, had the same problem with the resulting profile being absolute trash. No amount of "refining" can save these. So, I went back to the original boost and tried another profile and again, and all of the sudden, I'm getting terrible results. I've tried changing EVERYTHING under the sun to figure out if a factor has changed and the only thing I can think of is the firmware update is causing the problems.

Check out the audio files in the dropbox link and listen to the difference. This is the same set up, same boost, same volume, same EVERYTHING...and the only difference is how the kemper has profiled them both. Anyone else having these problems? If so, solutions? Any and all ideas are appreciated!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcy…CQuO-5jY0Zivs_ZbJfoa?dl=0

Zach/Titan Studios

• So the good profile is the one made with the 5.x release and the bad one with the exact same hardware and 6.0?

I do agree that the bad one sounds really bad. It is not out of the question that something has changed with the newer software in terms of profiling with gain. Hopefully one of the Kemper guys will chime in.

• So the good profile is the one made with the 5.x release and the bad one with the exact same hardware and 6.0?

I do agree that the bad one sounds really bad. It is not out of the question that something has changed with the newer software in terms of profiling with gain. Hopefully one of the Kemper guys will chime in.

Both were done with the newest software. I messaged Kemper directly regarding the problem and we're troubleshooting now. Could be my profiler is on the fritz but we'll see.

Zach/Titan Studios