Pressed the output button and now effects have gone need help please

• Hi,

I'm new to the kemper but have had it a few weeks now. I find it a bit frustrating to be honest and find the manual not much help in most cases.

I have just started using the performance mode and had four settings saved using a clean sound with just delay, reverb and chorus.

I decided to do a fifth performance as I found I had more choices of delays ect in the stomps section compared to the effects section. I got a good sound and saved it.

I then pressed the output button and all the effects have gone from my other performances except the recent one.

The monitor out stopped working to and I had to use the direct out but now it's working again. All the other performances had effects from the effects section and not the stomps section.

The effects buttons are all lit up and when I go into each effect everything is there and settings are all the same but just can't hear them.

I find the output section really confusing it comes up with output source then underneath main output, monitor output, direct output and dpd if output but nothing I change brings back the effects. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers Jonathan

• If you have messed up your output settings and cannot figure out to return the factory settings simply turn the browse knob while you are in the output menu and load the default preset.

You can also use the "init globals" function on the first page of the system menu to achieve the same but this will also reset other settings in the system menu like MIDI Channel assignments etc.

You can find a detailed description of the output menu in one of our tutorial videos that we provide on our home page.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi, great thanks. I managed to do it via the init globals. Many thanks for getting back to me on that! It has all gone back to normal, cheers and all the best, Jonathan :)

Whilst you are there could you recommend the best speaker solution for an unpowered kemper? Head and cabinet or powered pa speaker or combo amp? I'm using a Gibson l5 with the kemper going through an acoustic amp but I'm finding the sounds seem to be a bit synthetic when playing at really loud volumes. I'm guessing it must be the amp so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I did run an axe fx through a polytone once and thought the sound was really good. Cheers Jonathan

• the recommended way to monitor the PROFILER is through a pair of active studio monitors or powered FRFR cabs.

I am sure the community can provide lots of recommendations based on their experience.

Personally I like Genelecs 8050s and Yamaha HS-8s

• Hi Andy, thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for more rigs although I think I have over 200 amps loaded at present. I am a jazz player but looking for a more modern sound. I'm only using the Amos that came with my kemper so don't know if there are better ones available. I'll definitely check out the link though. Thanks again for the response and for the advice from kemper support.

Cheers Jonathan :)

• Just a late resolution to your problem:

You have obviously changed some of the Output Sources to values other than „Master“, or even „Off“, accidently.

This will purposely cut your effects, or disable an output.

Have a look a at the manual and also take a look at those settings in the Output Menu, now, that the are reset to good values.