Behringer FCB-1010 Users EurekaProm Works Great

• To those who own or are considering the purchase of a Behringer FCB-1010 to use with their Kemper, I can report that I've had success using the EurekaProm chip. Programming is pretty simple, and straightforward.

http://www.eurekasound.com/

To those who aren't familiar with the EurekaProm, it's a replacement chip for the Behringer FCB-1010 pedal. The EurekaProm chip comes with configurations for many popular modeling rigs. I actually bought the chip to use with my Eleven Rack.

Unfortunately, the folks at Eurekasound have not created a configuration for the Kemper as of yet, but one of the configurations which is included, is a generic template which worked great for the Kemper.

The generic configuration is explained on the Eurekasound website here:
    http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/configurations/pp

Basically, this configration has 4 main areas which are accessed by the Up and Down pedals

PR = Preset mode - You can access all the patches in the Kemper. Kind of tedious, but the next mode simplifies it.

FP = Favorite presets - Using the Preset mode to find the Kemper patch, you can save 10 favorite presets which are instantly accessible via the 10 footswitches on the FCB-1010

EF = Effects or Stomp mode - You can program the 10 footswitches to turn on or off any of the 8 stomp and effect slots on the Kemper.

SP = Special Mode - Two of the footswitches gives access to the on board relays in the FCB-1010 turning them on or off. Great for channel switching amps and such. The other 8 footswitches send midi note numbers. I'm not sure if that's useful with the Kemper.

There's a video which shows the process of programming the FCB-1010 footswitches here:

Last night I setup my FCB-1010 to give me access to 10 of my favorite Kemper patches in FP mode, along with setting one of the Pedals to control Kemper volume and the other to control the Kemper's Wah.

I also setup EF mode to give me direct access to toggle on or off all of the stomp box slots and effect slots on the Kemper, in EF mode.

I can report that it worked great.

• Thanks for the info. I just bought an FCB 1010 and an UNO chip. If that doesn't work well then perhaps I'll pickup one of these chips and try again. 8)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks for the info. I just bought an FCB 1010 and an UNO chip. If that doesn't work well then perhaps I'll pickup one of these chips and try again. 8)

FCB 1010 with UNO chip works like a charm for me. If you have any questions do not hesitate to let me know!!

Cheers,
    Markus

• FCB 1010 with UNO chip works like a charm for me. If you have any questions do not hesitate to let me know!!

Thanks Markus! I probably won't get around to dealing with this for a while, as I have a number of things on my plate, and a business trip out of town for over a week. However, once I dive into it there's a good chance I'll take you up on your offer. :thumbup:

I also have the UNO prom, but I haven't got around to trying it with the FCB yet. I ordered both the EurekaProm and the UNO prom, after I purchased the FCB.

The UNO prom should work great, it's just a little more work to program it. The advantage is that you can save the Uno prom settings on a computer and share them with others. You can't do that with the Eurekaprom. The settings are only saved on the prom itself.

• I have the UNO chip in mine. Works great programming with the usb to midi cable and pc and the FCB1010 PC Editor.

I like the 5 patch with 5 stompbox mode. The volume pedal is not right yet still tweaking.

• I have the FCB1010+ both chips. The Eureka works great with the 11Rack it prevented me from ever having to learn how to program it. I might have to look at the FCB1010 PC Editor program, it's supposed to really simplify the controller. I'm still trying to learn the Kemper though :cursing:

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Sorry Mitch, but I decided to return mine before using it. In the end I decided to wait for the Kemper product. I'm sure someone here can help though.

• Hi guys. I'm not sure if there's another Dave at Eurekasound, that your referring to, but I am not affiliated with Eurekasound. I'm just a satisfied FCB-1010/Eurekasound user.

If you're having trouble, I will try to assist, though. what's the problem that you need help with?

Here's a quick synopsis of the process.

Once you have the EurekaProm installed, you basically just need to program it to talk to the Kemper.

Since the EurekaProm doesn't have a built in configuration for the Kemper, you'll need to use the generic PP configuration. Follow the directions here to put the FCB-1010 in PP mode:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eur…Selecting-a-Configuration

Once you're in PP mode, you'll need to program the switches to do what you want on the kemper. The process is fairly simple. There are four modes available once your in PP configuration. FP= Favorite presets, PR=Presets Lookup, EF= Individual effects mode, SP=Special effects. You'll use PR mode and FP mode to setup your 10 favorite presets.

Basically you use PR mode to find the preset that you want on the Kemper, then switch to FP mode to save that preset to one of the 10 favorite slots.

Important. Before you can do any of this, you need to assign your favorite rigs in the Kemper, to a preset number. You do this by going into the System settings in the Kemper. One of the pages allows you to assign rigs to a preset number. I started by assigning rigs to 127 preset slots. This way, I could use the FCB-1010 in PR mode to scroll through those 127 presets. Until you assign rigs in the Kemper, to a preset number, you cannot access by midi, using the FCB-1010

The details for PP configuration can be found here:

Edited once, last by davec69 ().

• Mitch, make sure you have enabled the option to receive private messages in your forum settings. I don't see the link to send you a private message, when I click your forum member name.

• Here' 3 steps that have to happen before the FCB-1010 and Kemper will talk to each other.

1. The Kemper and the FCB-1010 both need to be on the same midi channel.
    2. You have to have the Rigs assigned to a preset number in the kemper
    3. You have to put the EurekaProm in PP configuration. The other Eurekaprom configurations are setup for other units already.

Once done, the Kemper and the FCB-1010 should talk to each other. After that, you just need to get them both speaking the same language by programming the buttons on the FCB-1010

• I tried setting my FCB1010 with a Eurekaprom chip up tonight with no success.

I went through the PP setup procedure probably 10 times, and nothing.

I have a midi cable from the FCB1010 MIDI out into the KPA MIDI in, the MIDI channel set to 1 on the KPA, and I have no idea why it's not working. I try the Effects switches I set up to turn the stomps on and off and nothing changes on the Kemper.

Works fine with my Eleven Rack.

What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: I neglected to change the mode to "PP" by holding down buttons 1&2 while powering on the FCB1010. Works fine once I made that minor adjustment.

Everybody be sure to watch me in the Special Olympics next Summer. :pinch: