(RM 2.3.1) Bugs? (name length, importing cabs)

• Hi!
    I searched, and all I found was an old post stating that there was a 20 character name limit, but after a certain version, that limit was raised to 32.

The issue I am having is: I have a collection of IRs that I made a few years ago, and after I converted them to 44.1/24 (from 48/32float), I came up with a naming scheme that would work with a 32 character limit. I then used CabMaker (ver 2.1.2) to convert .wav to .kipr, and imported (drag & drop) into RigManager.

Two things:

First, using "File -> Import Presets" results in an error ("Rig Manager didn't find any suitable files to import..."). Drag & Drop to Presets -> My Profiler did not work either. Drag & Drop to "Presets -> Local Library -> (directory I created)" did work. However...

Second, once drag & dropped to Presets -> Local Library -> (my folder), the names are truncated to 20 characters. Interestingly, I can then go to the Preset -> Name field in the Inspector, and fill in the truncated characters, hit enter, and all is well. I can then drag & drop that Local Library cab preset to Presets -> My Profiler, and it is imported properly, with the >20 character name and all. Go to Kemper (Rack, unpowered; OS 7.05 beta), hold Cab button, and I can now switch to any of my cabs, and they seem to be named and working properly.

I am only using alpha numeric characters, and underscores in my names.

Also- is there any way to turn off the appending of the time-date addition to resulting .kipr in CabMaker?

Thanks!

Heather :)

Kemper Rack

• quick follow up...

I drag n dropped my .kipr files into the Presets-> Local Library -> (my folder), then selected those files in Rig Manager, and exported. This created files with the same names I gave them, but with .kpreset rather than .kipr. These new .kpreset files could be imported, and they retained up to 32 available characters.

Kind of odd that CabMaker creates .kipr files that will not import into Rig Manager, but drag n drop, and then exporting to create .kpreset files which CAN be imported (and retain up to 32 name characters, rather than truncating to 20 name characters that drag n drop causes). Wondering if this due to my using the newest OS 7.xxx and Rig Manager that only works it, and CabMaker needs an update to create files it sees as valid?

Kemper Rack

• do not change the file names, they need to be like they are.

Interesting... they worked the same either way. And once dragged into Presets -> Local Library -> (my cab folder), the appended time/date was truncated anyway (all of my file names are more than 20 characters, without the appended time/date). Renaming them once in Local Library, exporting (creating .kpreset files, retaining the full >20 character name), and then either drag and drop or using Import worked perfectly, and the 32 or less character name survived truncation to 20 characters.

My questions now: Why does CabMaker create incompatible .kipr files? Why does a drag & drop of those files to Presets -> Local Library truncate to 20 characters, while an export of an (up to) 32 character file from Local Library (creating a .kpreset file), and then Import back into the Profiler survive truncation?

It seems to me that CabMaker having an option to convert an IR to EITHER a .kipr or .kpreset file would be a great new feature, no? And since .kipr seems to be relegated to 20 characters (for now?), but .kpreset has a 32 character limit, truncating the output would be nice as well. Unless y'all have something else planned?

Thanks!

Kemper Rack