Mesa Boogie California Tweed Pls?

• Hi

I would like to buy a profile for Mesa Boogie California Tweed, and clean and edge of breakup. Does anyone offer this yet.

Also, why dont amp vendors create and sell official branded profiles? Nice way to try before you buy the actual amp.

• Also, why dont amp vendors create and sell official branded profiles? Nice way to try before you buy the actual amp.

Victory is actually doing this. In their shop on the website you can buy official profiles of a lot of their physical amps, e.g. the Kraken. Nevertheless I think most vendors still see the Kemper technology as a threat to their business rather than taking a chance to use it for promotion or as a new business model. I would expect that clever amp builders will develop a new way of selling their ideas: Just building one prototype of a new amp and then just sell the profiles instead of starting mass production of the actual amp.

• Just building one prototype of a new amp and then just sell the profiles instead of starting mass production of the actual amp.

That's a very interesting concept. If it were to come to fruition, I wonder if a full pack of profiles would have to cost as much, or nearly as much, as the actual amp to be a workable business model?

Be Thankful.

• Yep, totally get your point. Lots of aspects around it. I would think pricewise should the stuff be competitive otherwise it wont work. But most probably you would sell much more profile (packs) than any actual amps. So the calculation would need to consider all this and come up in a mixed calculation. I find the Victory example quite appealing. Instead of leaving the profile market to others they jump on it on their own and do both. The physical amps and the respective profiles.

• So I bought the Victory profile pack for their V40, which is a Fender Deluxe style amp. Rabea did the profiling and an excellent video (see below) on how he used a Universal Audio Apollo box to sum 3 different Mic's with UA eq and then rerouted that into the Kemper for profiling. Fascinating. He said thats how Michael Britt and others pros are doing it. This explains why my profiles sound kind of thin. :)

Great video here.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was in my local guitar store this week and saw they had Victory amps. Actually they probably have been there for a yr but I never noticed them...too busy looking if any used vintage amps were for sale. Now that I owned the amp profile, for all of $4.99, i absolutely wanted to hear the amp live. So I played all of them. Great little amps, lite weight and full featured, reasonably price! Getting the customers attention in a crowded market is hard. But they did it.

Anyway, I agree that other amp makers should embrace profiling as a marketing tool.

• If we could get the amp makers to sell profiles their amps, I think that would be huge. I for one would expect that is the best way for them to ensure that their profiles sound as close to what the amp can do in their eyes.

DrZ did that for that very reason. He said he wasn’t happy with the way other people made his amp sound so the only way to truly capture them was to do it himself. I bought the pack. I have to admit I prefer most of the othe folks profiles to the official one.

• an excellent video (see below) on how he used a Universal Audio Apollo box to sum 3 different Mic's with UA eq and then rerouted that into the Kemper for profiling. Fascinating. He said thats how Michael Britt and others pros are doing it.

No wonder these profiles sound good when you use UAD with Neve mic pre's etc ^^ :thumbup: 8)

• Tone Junkies just put out a Mesa Tweed pack. Testing a 20W profile now...quite nice.

I've been waiting for someone to do a set of the new Mesa Fillmore and California Tweed amps. Tone Junkie have come through and profiled them both and the Mesa California Tweed has been profiled at all power levels from 2 Watt (class A - parallel single ended with 2 of the 4 tubes) to 40 watts with all 4 EL84s going.

The Studio profiles were made with a Jensen P12 miked with a Fathead (ribbon) and a Shure 545. There are 4 DI profiles in 40 Watt mode.

• Yup I Just saw that. And HW at ToneJunkie nailed it. Although I bought a real Cali Tweed about 5 months ago. A killer amp. The Wattage control is very smartly implemented. Its not just a power step up. Tubes are added into the circuit as you dial up the power. So A Fender Tweed Champ has 2 tubes and its the 2 Watt setting on the amp. 10 Watts is a Princeton's tubes, 20 is Deluxe, 30 is Super or BandMaster and 40 is Low powered Twin.

I think this is correct.

Now I get to toy with the Filmore profile

• @JWalker - thanks for the report on the Cal Tweed amp. Sounds like it would work well for me also. In the meantime, the profiles of these two new amps are working really well for me. I have been using the studio profiles as they came but I'll try them with the Kone imprints when I get the chance.