Kemper Profiler - remote hotswap

• Hello everyone !

I'm a touring technician and a few gigs ago the network cable linking the Profiler to the remote failed.

I tried to hot connect a new cable and the remote never came to life.

The leds in the back of the Profiler never lit up.

I had to shut the unit down and restarted it, and it worked like a charm.

I assume the Kemper is shutting down it's network functions like ''power'' maybe to avoid damages.

Is there a way to wake up the ''network functions'' ans force the remote and the Profiler to re-sync ?

I have the Profiler Head and the Profiler Rack and managed to recreate the situation with both units.

Both have latest firmware ...

You link remote and the unit and starts the unit.

Then if you hot swap the cable the remote is not coming to life.

You have to turn the unit off and back on to have sync.

That said, you can actually hot swap remotes.

It does work.

But no joy for the cable ...

Anyone has any idea ?

• indeed there is a over-current protection inside the KPA's network port.. when this has tripped too often, the power supply to the network connector is cut until the next reboot (from within the software) I'm not entirely sure if there is a way to reset it other wise.

• Maybe you can try to put poe injector/switch near KPA so it will always stays connected to KPA . You can use longer network cables then and maybe the hot swap option will not block KPA ethernet port.

From the Manual:

A PoE switch will even let you connect multiple Remotes to one PROFILER

Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully:

PoE injectors:

• TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S

PoE switches: • TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE) • Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX) • Intellinet 8-Port Fast Ethernet POE+ Switch (available with 19’’ rackmount)

• Thank you guys !

I'll work on another process to gain some time in case this happens again (and it will) ...

And thank you so much for the Poe switch references since I was actually working on a multiple remote solution for my musician and I.

Cheers !

Simba