Editing current rig in rig manager won't update metadata on the profiler itself

• Device: Profiler Stage

Rig Manager: Rig Manager 2.3.10 Mac Public Beta

When changing the currently on the profiler itself selected rig's name, author, etc. in Rig Manager, the profiler does sync, however those metadata doesn't seem to become updated on the profiler. The profile is marked as favorite.

Stage user

• I cannot reproduce such an issue.

Be aware of the following: If you load a Rig into preview or browse and load it via front panel, it gets loaded into the edit buffer, which is independent from the stored Rig. You could edit settings within the edit buffer without immediately changing the stored Rig . The other way around you could change tags of the stored Rig via Rig Manager and the edit buffer loaded before wouldn't immediately reflect that. Only if you browse and load the Rig once again, latest changes performed via Rig Manager will be reflected. That is normal and intended.

Rigs are marked as favorites, if you hold the RIG button for a while, or tick the box Favorite within Rig Settings, or you store a Rig while the global option "Auto Favorite" is ticked. In Rig Manager you can tick the box "Favorite" as well. Make sure, that owner names in PROFILER and Rig Manager are identical. Otherwise you might end up with two independent lists of favorites. If Rig Manager detects at the start, that owner names are not identical it suggest to automatically align those.

• Hello Burkhard,

thanks for your reply. Indeed, doing things in the following order works for me:

- Change Rig to anything but the Rig you want to edit

- Edit the desired Rig's tag in Rig Manager

- Wait until it's done syncing

- You can switch to that rig

Knowing about the edit buffers and how syncing works is good. Getting a warning from either the profiler itself or from Rig Manager that editing the currently selected rig on the profiler won't have the desired effect would be even better. :)

Another thing, which is a bit annoying (on Rig Manager for OS X) is when editing a tag and you press Enter. It's nice, that syncs are immediately being done and it's probably a good thing, that your cursor focus gets stolen. However, you won't get it back unless you use your mouse. ;) I'd expect hitting enter on a tag field will sync and put the next field in focus.

Happy weekend! :)

Bollie

• Another thing, which is a bit annoying (on Rig Manager for OS X) is when editing a tag and you press Enter. It's nice, that syncs are immediately being done and it's probably a good thing, that your cursor focus gets stolen. However, you won't get it back unless you use your mouse. ;) I'd expect hitting enter on a tag field will sync and put the next field in focus.

Yes, the ability to use RM on a Mac without continually reaching for a mouse is a bit frustrating. I would love to see this improved in the new RM 3.0 :thumbup:

• Yes, the ability to use RM on a Mac without continually reaching for a mouse is a bit frustrating. I would love to see this improved in the new RM 3.0 :thumbup:

Unfortuantely, that's not the only issue. I just tried editing Performances with RM running and connected to the Stage. Weird things would happen, like changes weren't accepted right away or try browsing through FX presets: It jumped constantly out of the preset browser and sometimes, when you reach -empty- the display gets dark. I hope this is just a Stage/OS7-only issue, since I bet this is really annoying for every professional player/guitar tech on the road. However, these bugs are hard to reproduce. I'll make some time to catch those and write reports, if that's of any help.

Stage user

• Newest funky issue on my Stage: Having enabled a profile in RM on the profiler and then disconnecting leaves it in read only on the profiler itself. m(

I hope I can solve that tonight by reattaching the Stage to RM.

Stage user