POE Network with 2 Profilers and 2 remotes

• Hello everyone !

I'm a backline technician and recently started to think about a complete network for the Kemper.

We have 2 Profilers (one main, one spare) and 2 remotes.

I know now that we can connect 2 remotes to one Profiler using a POE switch and use a POE injector for the stage cable (25 meters).

I ordered the references given in the manual and will try this soon I hope.

Now, before I try a stupid thing and burn some gear I wanted to know if it would be possible to hook up the 2 remotes AND the 2 Profilers in the same POE switch ?

Both remotes would be controlling both Profilers at the same time to have them working in parallel, or a perfect mirror in case of failure.

I'm not really an expert of network and POE so I'm worried that if I hook up all those units together would create some power loops or voltage overload, or anything like this ...

The main goal is :

2 Kemper Profilers,

1 POE Switch TP-Link TL-SG1008P,

1 Remote at my feet with a small 5meters cable,

1 Remote on stage at 25meters with a POE Injector TP-Link TL-POE150S.

Is there any potential problem with that network or any danger I should be aware of ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Simon

• You can only connect 2(or more?) remotes to one KPA via POE switch ( to have them in different locations on the stage) .

Then you can connect 2 KPA's via MIDI cables and on the main KPA use UI to MIDI function (system settings). This function will keep them synced.

Hth!

• What would happen if I connect 2 KPA and 2 remotes via one POE switch ?

Is there any danger of any kind for the gear ?

Your suggestion is interesting though, but if the ''main'' KPA fail the remotes won't have any control on the second KPA.

So it has to stay off for that in case failure, I have to plug it to the switch and then turn it on.

With the boot on time it is not a quick reaction process ...

• KPA does not have a standard POE source(

has its own solution that does not interfere with POE or devices that do not use POE.).

Even if - POE

is designed so that the combination of two POEs(PSE) will not cause any conflict. The POE receiver PD negotiates with the Transmitter PSE and if

If all the parameters match, PSE will switch on the voltage.

Non POE device (KPA) cannot negotiate so no voltage is applied.

Here is the screen from KPA manual (KPA is connected to POE (PSE):