Volume levels

• Hello knowledgeable people , I understand this may be a question that has been asked many times but I'm going to ask it again anyway ..

So I have set up a few different profiles for gigging live .. let's say for example ,one is a marshal , the other a Mesa and the other fender ... and when I play with the rest of my band I want all the 3 profiles to sound the same level volume wise ... Which is the best way to get these evenly balanced .. do I use the rig volume dial or or use the amp volume .....I don't want to use the master volume until I have all the profiles I'm using nicely balanced

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

• Thank you Robman but what I was getting at was ..is the best way to get all my levels the same to use the " rig level " dial and store then keep playing between the different rigs till the all sound balanced with each other ... Then when at a venue just use the master volume for the sound engineer etc

• dmatthews thank you ,,, that is my kind of plan I was just unsure if rig volume was the way or use the in built amp volume option if that makes sense ? But I'll go with did volume to get all the profiles even balanced and then use master volume for over level tweaks for different venues etc

• It is my understanding that you should get exactly the sam result using Amp Volume or Rig Volume. However, as there is a quick direct access knob on the front panel for Rig Volume I would always use that for plain easy of use unless a particular profile is so load you would never envisage using it without alteration only then would I turn down the amp volume and resave the basic profile.

• I use multiple performances and rigs when live - my trick to get them all around the same level (volume wise) is to do the following:

1. Connect via SPDIF to an audio interface

2. Load up Reaper

3. Use a plugin that looks at the real-time loudness via a loudness meter (I use Ozone)

4. Record a riff with the looper (I use the opening riff from Stiff Competition by Cheap Trick)

5. Normalise the rig volumes by checking the loudness meter for each rig (you'll need to reset the graph to double-check)

Seems to work well for me!