New owner of Profiler and a quesiton on backing up / reload

• Hey all,

Just picked up a nice Profiler with remote.. There a a ton of rigs loaded and I was wondering if I am able to do the following..

Backup all the rigs into RIG manager, wipe the Kemper to factory (Factory reset) and reload the rigs I like, not all 1000

Possible? Esp since the previous owner has ALL the Britt rig packs..

Thank you..

-Steve

RIP Eddie Van Halen - 1955-2020 - The one man who enabled me and countless others to love the guitar.

• Welcome to the forums. I’m new too and have actually been questioning whether my posts are even visible so I hope you see my reply here. As Slyman stated you can definitely back up the rigs on rig manager. Just be careful on the updates and install as I screwed my Kemper up and lost my rigs/presets that were loaded but thankfully got some stuff back up and running, this Kemper is a beast and does a tone of stuff and above my knowledge base at the moment but I’m loving it. Hole you will enjoy yours too. Welcome again to the forums.

• Welcome, Steve. :)

As the boys said, just copy the contents to a folder in RM and you're good-to-go.

To be doubly-safe, you could also use the Backup/Restore function on the Kemper to make a complete backup of your machine's current status. Pop a USB stick in, format it (this can take a while so use a smaller-capacity stick for quick formatting) and choose "Backup/Restore", then "Backup" from the soft-key menu that'll appear once you insert / format the stick.

• Welcome and have fun in the forum and with your Kemper!

It's all said above. Just take your time to dig through the universe of profiles. Some of the beauty especially with the MBritt stuff reveals itself over time when you made some experience :)

• Related question . . .

I'm also a new second owner of a profiler and I've purchased and loaded some profiles myself, via usb drive, and the previous owner left a few paid rigs on the machine. I installed and started playing with RigManager this weekend and I stumbled across this profiler "owner" thing. I checked my KPA "system" menu and found the previous "owner" name in the machine. My RigManager install shows "loudsongsinc" as the owner.

Is this discrepancy going to cause me hassle? If I change the "owner" name in my KPA, will I lose the favorites I've marked? Could I lose rigs, either in the KPA or RM?

Thanks in advance for any reply - I've not been able to find any definitive answers with search or user manuals.

This thing sounds great, by the way. Not quite as good as a tube amp at 100dB, but way better than a tube am at 50dB

• Welcome!

Changing the owner name on your machine will make the rigs lose their favorite status.

You won’t lose any rigs though.

I suggest you copy your rigs into a folder in RM, there you can give them favorite status all at once.

Then copy them back again (after wiping them from your machine and changing the owner name of course.

• Hey, just wondering.. I picked up the Mission engineering EP1-KP, but was wondering if I was able to get just the EP1 and use that as a straight volume pedal while using the other as my expression?

RIP Eddie Van Halen - 1955-2020 - The one man who enabled me and countless others to love the guitar.