Morphing

• I've gone sort of full circle on morphing. I set up different types of morphing when I first got it, but I was always forgetting which profiles had what in the heat of battle. Then I went to just setting all of them to just add a bit of extra volume, but it's a lot of work setting them all up.

Now I use a separate performance slot for each sound I want, with effects as I want them. Except wah - that's a dedicated expression pedal and slot A locked.

• I've gone sort of full circle on morphing. I set up different types of morphing when I first got it, but I was always forgetting which profiles had what in the heat of battle. Then I went to just setting all of them to just add a bit of extra volume, but it's a lot of work setting them all up.

Now I use a separate performance slot for each sound I want, with effects as I want them. Except wah - that's a dedicated expression pedal and slot A locked.

Good point - I tend to use morphing to switch more than one effect on/off at once: e.g. chorus + delay and the occasional gain adjustment.

• I guess it depends on complexity. My sounds are pretty simple and I use morph just to add " a bit extra"....to make it go to 11 ( in the immortal words of spinal tap).

So, I have separte basic sounds ( clean, rhythm, solo) each with morph for additonal changes. On solo passages are slower so I use it to have a bit more delay and reverb, on rhythm, I boost a bit for riffs.

• Right now, I tend to use morphing to make a part jump out for the short time needed. I recently used it to add a harmonizer effect to a two bar phrase, set as a momentary switch. Seemed to work really well.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Very new and still learning here however, I definitely am loving the morph function when it comes to little licks you want to pop out - just adding a bit of volume or adjusting another parameter is freakin awesome as opposed to full boost for leads.

• Morphing is very important if you have "this rig" you love...

I have some profiles like this.Nice breakup/crunchy stuff with tons of character..and a green scream in front of it..

With morphing I change the volume/gain of the amp always together with the green scream..so it goes from rather clean breakup for rythm with just a little fx to a nice fat midgain with more fx for juicy leads..can't wait for more od/dist-pedals..this will be a party..

Also..if you have two KPAs..you really can do very nice things between two profiles..but it is work..the new editor will do wonders here..

Morphing is a very powerful tool.And the good thing about it is that it is "all about ears" and good taste..senseless tweaking will not bring results but only confusion for the listener.To much information.Changing to fast.I always try to keep in mind that the listener is not in my head and does not hear what I "want there" but only what comes out of the speakers..'big issue and another discussion..