Kemper Stage Broken Effect button 4

• Hey all,

I have a Stage, and my effect button 4 stopped working a couple days ago. I updated the firmware last night trying to see if it would remedy itself, but it didn't. I also contacted support and they had me hold the system and rig button when starting it to reset the cache etc. but that did nothing.

I've searched and found one thread here about a broken effect button, but it was a separate button so I wasn't sure if it's a similar problem/solution.

Anyone have the problem with button 4? or is it the same issue people are having with button 3?

• Welcome!...

I'd get back to support to exclude there is a hardware issue.

Thanks for the welcome Ingolf! I already emailed them back. Wait and see I guess :) Does it seem like they have this switch problem under control from what anyone knows? I know there's been some people on here with issues on more than one unit. Just wondering if they're fixed, or if I should wait until they are

• I have to say, the response time with Kemper's support is frustrating. I contact them Wednesday...they respond Thursday, and I instantly give them the info they ask for. They respond Friday, and I give them the info they're looking for. They we're to the weekend and probably won't hear back until Monday. It's going to be almost a week before they even tell me the solution

• I had some issues with effect button 1 only working have the time. They fixed it in a firmware update I believe on the stage. Now the problem has moved to the button next (page down). This is much more of an issue since in performance mode I can’t page back a performance without clicking the arrange button manually (soft button). Kemper, please fix these button issues. Really frustrating

• I have this same EXACT problem. Button 4 doesn't work at all...updated the OS and still nothing. So frustrating.

Edited once, last by ryan2771 ().

• Well, I'm right now experiencing the same issue as Joel2016. The rig down isn't working at all, and it happened because the rig manager stopped working while connected to the stage. I've spent over 2 hours trying to work around the issue and nothing...so for now I've set the looper button to rig down (bank down). Problem is that I'm using the most current firmware so is not like I can update the Stage. Also, I'm having buzz noise coming from the 1/4 main and monitor out...really thinking about calling sweetwater and ask for another unit. I've had the lunch box for over 7 years and didn't experience anything like it.

• Well, I'm right now experiencing the same issue as Joel2016. The rig down isn't working at all, and it happened because the rig manager stopped working while connected to the stage. I've spent over 2 hours trying to work around the issue and nothing...so for now I've set the looper button to rig down (bank down). Problem is that I'm using the most current firmware so is not like I can update the Stage. Also, I'm having buzz noise coming from the 1/4 main and monitor out...really thinking about calling sweetwater and ask for another unit. I've had the lunch box for over 7 years and didn't experience anything like it.

I've had a good buzz from my 1/4" monitor out too. They just added the monitor ground lift to 7.0.9, but it does nothing for my buzz

• I've had a good buzz from my 1/4" monitor out too. They just added the monitor ground lift to 7.0.9, but it does nothing for my buzz

Did a firmware update and the buzz is now pretty much gone...however, the bank down button issue has not been resolved.

• I dont know if it has relation with firmware update or not, I'm early adopter , my unit is just fine until I updated to lattest, and in the middle of playing suddenly my footwsitch #1 not function anymore, factory reset doesn't solve the problems

• I've had mine for a week. Setting up for a weekend gig at lunchtime today and button 1 decodes to stop working. Tried various things but no joy. I arranged with the supplier to collect it tomorrow. Went out for a couple of hours and on my return, switched it back on and all is well again !

I have checked it a few times this evening and it is all working. I have cancelled the return for now to see how it goes over the next few days. Never had anything like this in years of Line 6 ownership. Does anyone from Kemper read this forum?

• I've had mine for a week. Setting up for a weekend gig at lunchtime today and button 1 decodes to stop working. Tried various things but no joy. I arranged with the supplier to collect it tomorrow. Went out for a couple of hours and on my return, switched it back on and all is well again !

I have checked it a few times this evening and it is all working. I have cancelled the return for now to see how it goes over the next few days. Never had anything like this in years of Line 6 ownership. Does anyone from Kemper read this forum?

people from Kemper do read this forum sometimes, even Mr CK himself contributes on here occasionally. Both me and my bass player have a stage and all our switches work fine. I’d contact support as they will be able to help you properly

• I have had switch problem also. After two weeks the third one stop working probably. Now waiting for new one. I also red from Finnish musicians Forum That switch problem I quite usual.?

• Brand new unit here and Button 5 stopped working suddenly. Updates, resets don't hep.