Germanium Fuzz

• hi everyone,

This is my a quest to get that 60 fuzz sound from the Kemper. I have a few fuzz pedals at home, but no Germanium pedal .

What I like about that Germanium fuzz sound is that it cleans up well if you turn down the volume knob but also can go to wild territory ;)

With the built in fuzz sounds I couldn't get what I was looking for.

So what I did was looking for a Fender style profile , made some adjustments ( increase gain to +- 80%, increase power sagging to max to get that raw sound.

I used a Top Jimi profile (Fan D'lux Rev 65 Med-2) and a strat (Fender stock '18 player, mim). I made a jam recording.

only used the 2nd position (bridge+middle PU) clean is volume on 3, crunch volume on 6 and slowly increased it to full.

https://soundcloud.com/duckman66nl/kpa-fuzztest

Forgive the playing errors, it was to test if this works.

So far I'm happy with the first results, but my question to you is if you have any tips to get that clean sparkle and the fuzz madness like a germanium fuzz gives.

Very surprised the KPA reacted so well to volume changes.:)

• I have also found the KPA reacts amazingly well to guitar volume changes. Unfortunately, the germanium fuzz thing is a pretty special interaction between the pedal and the guitar pickups where they form a single circuit. I don’t know of any way this can be properly achieved at the moment but I keep hoping that this will get some love and brain power from the boffins at Kemper when they get round revamping the OverDrive stomps. If the effect can be measured (which it can) it must be possible to model it. Unfortunately, though the measured effect would probably be different depending on guitar and cable between guitar and KPA so even a modelled germanium fuzz would probably only be a good estimate of one particular guitar /pedal/amp configuration.

It is definitely a non-trivial task but if anyone can do it I would think its the team at Kemper ?