Strange stomp behaviour: Compressor functions even when mix=0%

• I have a rig set up inside a performance, which has a compressor stomp placed pre-stack. I have morphing set to switch mix from 0% to 100%. However, I notice that with the mix at 0% the compressor is still affecting the tone. If I switch the stomp off altogether there is an audible difference. I have not noticed this behaviour in any stomp effect before. Is this normal, and if not what's causing it?

• Normally at zero, compressers do impart whatever there tone is. Engineers use compressors in the studio a lot to just add color, but not compress

But mix brings in the compressor in parallel to the uncompressed signal. At 100% all signal goes through the comp, at 0% the signal shouldn’t be affected by the comp at all.

I'd expect the signal to be uncoloured at 0%.

I need to check this on my machine.

• But mix brings in the compressor in parallel to the uncompressed signal. At 100% all signal goes through the comp, at 0% the signal shouldn’t be affected by the comp at all.

I'd expect the signal to be uncoloured at 0%.

I need to check this on my machine.

What did you find, Ingolf?

• Since there was never any resolution to this and I was about to open an identical thread, does anyone have insight on this? I'm unsure now how to set up a compressor that I can morph into effect if at 0% the tone is completely different than a disabled compressor.