Different sounds on stage ?!

• Hi folks. i’ve finally finished my sound editing on kemper. im using yamaha hs5 at home and everything sounds just jine. but last night i had a terrible experience on stage. everything was incredibly treble, noisy and i had feedback even with small gainy tube screamer. any suggestions how to get rid of it??

• Hi, question: At which volume did you tweak the sounds at home and at which volume are you playing your gigs? Massive difference? Gig louder than home I'd guess.

Then you most probably dialed in too much treble. It the same effect as the "loudness" on other gear. Try to tweak the tones when you are playing at higher volume.

• With any modeller, I find tweaking your sounds at, at least 90 dB before hitting stage with them is really important. Doing this with a set of studio monitors is a bad idea. Preferably you’d want to use, at the very least a PA speaker and if you can, with a sub as well. That way you can dial in the lows and highs properly. Once you get them to where they sound good, I’d be willing to bet they then sound like ass on your studio monitors. Haha And also be sure the channel that you are going in to at the gig is set flat to start.

• ok guys i’ve solved it. the problem was the the sound company that my group works with. last month we had like 20 shows with the same setup. monitors was Ev. this week we worked with different company. they use yamaha monitors on stage. everything sounds good right now. maybe other monitors was broken or something.

• ok guys i’ve solved it. the problem was the the sound company that my group works with. last month we had like 20 shows with the same setup. monitors was Ev. this week we worked with different company. they use yamaha monitors on stage. everything sounds good right now. maybe other monitors was broken or something.

Good to hear your problem is solved!