What happened to the "Stereo" parameter of the chorus effect?

• Sorry if this is a noob question, but the manual states:

When placed in one of the effect modules after the stack, the Vintage

Chorus will sound lusher with less modulation, since it works in stereo. This is because there is a separate chorus for

each stereo channel, modulating in opposite ways. If you prefer the original mono sound, set the “Stereo” parameter

to the middle position.

On my Kemper Stage (7.0.7), I can't find the "Stereo" parameter for the chorus effect. Phaser and flanger have it, but the chorus only has "Ducking" and "Volume" on the second page.

Is there some arcane trick to enable stereo for the chorus as well, is this a mis-print in the manual or was this parameter removed for some specific reason?

Thanx for any insight!

Torsten

• I suspect this relates to where in the signal chain you have instantiated the chorus effect. Stomps prior to the amp in the signal chain are mono, FX in the slots after the amp stack are stereo. If you want stereo chorus you have to insert in the X or MOD slots (I think you can use Delay and Reverb also these days).

• I suspect this relates to where in the signal chain you have instantiated the chorus effect. Stomps prior to the amp in the signal chain are mono, FX in the slots after the amp stack are stereo. If you want stereo chorus you have to insert in the X or MOD slots

Yes, I am aware of this - my chorus effect is inserted post-amp; and it is these instances that the manual refers to.

• I checked and the manual also does not have this parameter for chorus effects.

Correct, but the "stereo" parameter is explained at the beginning of the "Effects" section, with the "common" parameters:

The “Stereo” parameter is only available in the effect modules placed after the stack. It controls the stereo intensity

of these effects. With modulation effects this is done by offsetting the LFO modulation phases of the left and right

channels. For other effect types, such as filters, frequencies are shifted in opposite directions for the left and right

channels. This way, even the wah wah can create a stereo effect, so long as it's placed after the stack!

Then, the Stereo parameter is mentioned again in the introduction of the Vintage Chorus effect:

When placed in one of the effect modules after the stack, the Vintage Chorus will sound lusher with less modulation, since it works in stereo. This is because there is a separate chorus for each stereo channel, modulating in opposite ways. If you prefer the original mono sound, set the “Stereo” parameter to the middle position.

But - as you correctly say - the Stereo parameter is then not mentioned later in the individual parameters of the chorus effect.

This is what confused the h** out of me: the manual says "if you prefer the original mono sound, set the "Stereo" parameter to the middle position" - but the parameter isn't there...

This is what I mean in "is there an error in the manual" - it recommends a Stereo parameter for the chorus, which simply isn't there...

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers,

Torsten