Manipulating effects and downloading more on the kemper profiler stage?

• Hello all. I am brand new to the world of Kemper products, and digital rigs and pedalboards as well. I understand the basics of Kemper profiles, and have already purchased one profile that I wanted, but I feel some what disappointed with the effects choices. I am not sure if this is because of my limited understanding of how to manipulate the effects that come on the board or if I need to download other effects. I don't see any overdrives and the effects that come on the board seem underwhelming (as a general statement).

My questions are:

Are the effects that come on the board the only effects that we can use with our profiles and if so where can I find out how to get good tone and set them up?

Can we use any external analog effects and/or will that diminish the quality? (essentially an analog pedal boards tied to the kemper profiler stage, I am aware about using a wah and expression pedal but not other analog effects and stompboxes outside of those).

I'm liking my Kemper profiler stage so far and I see YouTube videos that show absolutely incredible tone. Unfortunately my experience has been some what lackluster with the tone I've been getting from a QSC 12.2 speaker.

• I am brand new to the world of Kemper products, and digital rigs and pedalboards as well.

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

Kemper has improved the effects in the Profiler over time via updates of the firmware and many people incl. myself refer to them as rather outstanding. Maybe with some small drawbacks here and there and surely depending on where you come from and what your expactations are. It will take quite some time until you are through all the different effects - don't get misleaded by a few profiles which come with a limited spectrum or parameter settings which do not suit your needs. You can change all this. Take your time, watch the YouTube stuff and learn how to tweak it. It's worth it :)

And naturally you can use analog effects together with your Kemper. Personally I try to avoid this due to the quality of the built in stuff but still own a wah pedal and a tube screamer which I still use with the Kemper. If you put effects in the loop then yes, the quality might be impacted by another DA/AD conversion. I think for live use it doesn't matter, in the studio I would think about it. Just my two cents.

My advice: Don't give up too early. The reputation of the Kemper stuff has a reason. And maybe let the audience here know a bit about the sound you are aiming at. Many people here know great tips and tricks how to get there.

• My advice: Don't give up too early. The reputation of the Kemper stuff has a reason. And maybe let the audience here know a bit about the sound you are aiming at. Many people here know great tips and tricks how to get there.

Thank you for your helpful reply! I did not mean to come across as a critic either, I am very unexperienced with anything like this, but see the amazing potential that it has. That discouraged me but also enlightened me to the possibilities. I will be sure to do some more research!

I am searching for very basic tone from Fender amps and Marshall amps. I started with twin reverb deluxe and was not sure how I felt about the profiles from Top Jimi. I want to explore the Princeton profile as my next purchase. Really nothing too crazy tone wise, just trying to figure out how to make it sound like a tube amp :).

• I did not mean to come across as a critic either

Don't worry. There is nothing wrong in criticism and perhaps constructive feedback. You will find a lot of critical discussions here in the forum as well. Which is fine. I think the Kemper guys who are reading here in the forum take this very serious and they are very helpful whenever they answer here. Same for the support of the company.

That discouraged me...

Who can understand a universe in a day. I definitely couldn't 8o ...yes, it's really a lot to discover and a lot to try out but that's a journey. I enjoy this so much. And I have to admit that I am still in a phase where I am overwhelmed by the pure sound of some amps / profiles which without the Kemper I would never have had the ability to play them. Now I am slowly but more and more diving into the effects section and tweak the stuff for my needs. That's an incredibly inspiring process.

• I struggled getting usable tones from the QSC's too. Came close but only after wasting 2 stomp slots for Studio EQ's :rolleyes: There are quite a few FRFR setups out there that can get you great tone right out of the box for the same money. GL!

• Is it possible that Kemper will allow third-party effects to be loaded into the effects library? Or will there be future updates to add more effects?

Electro-harmonix makes a Sitar pedal, and I thought this would be a great addition to the Kemper effects arsenal. Others could include an arpeggiator, a super bit-crusher, an organ or POG-like generator.

• Is it possible that Kemper will allow third-party effects to be loaded into the effects library? Or will there be future updates to add more effects?

Electro-harmonix makes a Sitar pedal, and I thought this would be a great addition to the Kemper effects arsenal. Others could include an arpeggiator, a super bit-crusher, an organ or POG-like generator.

There is no way to have a third-party effect loaded into memory. The effects loop and outboard pedals are an option.

There may be future updates to effects, but Kemper has never shared their development roadmap or plans.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sitar and organ sounds were already realized with existing onboard effects. We also have Bit and other Shapers.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with what's already available and how flexible it is.

• I'd suggest you look at all these tutorial videos Kemper has provided. Note the "more" button because they have more than just the 8 videos preloaded. https://www.kemper-amps.com/vi…orials#a-videos-tutorials

There is also a lot of videos on getting good tone out of a Kemper from users on youtube.

I use a Keeley Compressor in front of the Kemper and have it on almost all the time because I like it that much. I also use a Freqout in front sometimes. I use a TCE Stereo Mimiq on the main outs sometimes, and I have used different effects from time to time in the Kemper effects loop. I do all this for studio purposes but if playing live then I would use the built-in Kemper effects exclusively to keeps things easy and simple.

Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions you might think are stupid because we have all been there. Welcome to the Party!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Sitar and organ sounds were already realized with existing onboard effects. We also have Bit and other Shapers.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with what's already available and how flexible it is.

I know there are better examples of arpeggiated sounds....but here's one idea using the harmonic delay. This shows some capability, but there is a TON of power to do more:

KEMPER PROFILER - That tone show #8 - YouTube

...and two minutes later I found another good one.:

KEMPER PROFILER - That Tone Show #1 - Melody Harmonic

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have a Boss GT-1000 Core plumbed into send and return loops as well ASA Dunlop Wha.

Victor Annamalay

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
    Gustav Flaubert