Sound Techs love Kempers....!

• Had a gig last night in front of around 800 people, headlining a local brewery member's night. The loan Kemper (mine is away getting repaired) sounded superb! It's the first time I've left the sound to a sound technician, and he was amazed at how good it sounded out front. Was also a lot easier for me as I didn't have to keep messing around with the PA details on the fly ;)

He also was very appreciative of the fact he could just give me two cables, and hey presto, there's the guitar [Blocked Image: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/plugins/EmojiExtender/emoji/fb/1.gif]

Again, massive thanks to Andertons for getting me a loan unit while mine is repaired.

One thing I noticed though.... I'm running stereo, and it seemed the FX were not panning. He had the L&R XLRs panned hard left and hard right.... did I miss something?

• Have to agree with you that 99% of sound engineers love it.

I don't run stereo so its a single XRL, no faffing with mics...

Plug in, give me a level, done...

BTW I'm also in the UK...

• We've used the same production company for a while and our engineer tells everyone who will listen about how good he thinks the Kemper is. He says my sound is even better than when using my amp (I was using Divided by 13) because of the lack of sound bleed from onstage. I think Sound Tech's are happier people when they see us arrive with our Kemper's :)

• Maybe the PA was mono. You’d be surprised at the percentage of venues that run their PA in mono

Not surprised at all Sam. In many venues Stereo just doesn’t work and mono is a much better option. I’ve been at many gigs where they do run in stereo and stood at the opposite side of stage from the guitarist but literally couldn’t hear any guitar As it was panned to the far away speakers.

• We've used the same production company for a while and our engineer tells everyone who will listen about how good he thinks the Kemper is. He says my sound is even better than when using my amp (I was using Divided by 13) because of the lack of sound bleed from onstage. I think Sound Tech's are happier people when they see us arrive with our Kemper's :)

I defiantely thinkt he word has got out/more positive experiences. I had a couple of confused looks a few years ago, now it " Oh, a Kemper, great!".

• I played two outdoor festivals this summer and both times neither sound persons knew about the KPA but both times after the show they came up to me and were raving about it. After the first show the sound man brought his entire crew over to check it out.