Profiles sounding the same?

• Just a curious observation and question. Open to discussion. Would it be safe to say that the profiles being made by some commercial profilers are all sounding the same? Maybe by using the same environment and microphones the profiles all have the same characteristics? I've purchased from many different sources and I've begun to notice this. They can profile different amps but they're all beginning to sound the same. Makes sense? Has anyone else experienced this?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Some profiles can be similar but if they are all sounding very similar there is probably a factor in your setup.

One thing that can make them sound similar is if you use a regular guitar cab or if you have a lock on the cab section in the Kemper forcing all profiles to use the same cab.

No guitar cab. I've always used 2 Alto TS210. A lock on the cab section? How would I know if there's a lock?

Rik

• Press and hold the lock button. Any light that is lit on the effects, amp or cab would be locked in place. While still holding lock press the lit up block to unlock.

Also, do you use Purecab?

Thanks. I will check that. Yes. Purecab is on.

Rik

• Recommendation on Purecab?

I would not set it on globally but use it on a per rig basis, if needed.

So uncheck it in the output and see how the specific rig sounds. If the rig needs it, activate it in the cab section for that rig only.

This way you can hear how each profile really sounds and make adjustments to taste only if needed.

Kinda like not putting salt on everything, taste it first.

• Thanks! That is a great idea. I will experiment with that.:thumbup:

Rik