Sorting out crap rigs

• There are now thousands of rigs available in rig manager. When I found one crap, I would like it to be removed from the (my) list, or at least, tag it but I didn't manage to do this. Any idea ?

• I think he's looking at having them removed from Rig Exchange.

Kinda defeats the purpose of RE, it's like going to the library and having the books you don't like removed (not that I don't totally relate to what you want to do).

With that said, you *should* be able to whittle down your "local" folder to just the ones you like.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

Edited once, last by VoodooJef ().

• I wish Rig Manager had a better way to reject profiles like you do in Lightroom or photo apps. Once you use the X key to reject, you can then have all the rejected files removed from the app and drive.

When you’re working through a pile of 18,000 anything, you need a lot of easy to use options for organization.

More than anything, I need a way to have a profile be available in several folders at once without having to duplicate it each time.

These profiles go to 11!

Edited once, last by Guavadude ().

• The only solution I can think of for you for now, graoully, is as follows:

1) Create a new folder, naming it "My Rig Exchange 2019-09-xx" or something appropriate.

2) Create another new folder, naming it "My Rig Exchange 2019-09-xx Rejected" or something appropriate.

3) Select all Rigs in the Exchange and copy them to your "My Rig Exchange" folder.

4) Peruse the folder as you would the RE, moving the Rigs you don't like to the "Rejected" folder.

Every so often when you feel there've been sufficient new additions to the exchange or just have the time:

1) Use the time-of-upload / date added column to determine where to copy from and add the new Rigs to the "My Rig Exchange" folder, using the date in your "My Rig Exchange" folder's name as a guide.

2) Peruse the new additions and move the ones you don't like to the "Rejected" folder.

3) Update the date component of your "My Rig Exchange" folders' names.

HTH, mate. ;)

• I wish Rig Manager had a better way to reject profiles like you do in Lightroom or photo apps. Once you use the X key to reject, you can then have all the rejected files removed from the app and drive.

When you’re working through a pile of 18,000 anything, you need a lot of easy to use options for organization.

More than anything, I need a way to have a profile be available in several folders at once without having to duplicate it each time.

I've mentioned it in another post, that I wish there was a genre field, since genre plays a big part in what kind of profiles you like/dislike. There are a bunch with high ratings that I think aren't very good, because they're not directed at my Classic Rock/Hair Metal genre.

• A possible way to avoid wasting a lot of time auditioning crap rigs : If a kemper profile is just a list of parameters derived from the profiling process (my understanding of it) then it should be possible for the rig manager to sort the profiles in the rig exchange by their similarity to a reference profile that you like (sort by their summed difference in parameter values from the reference rig). Adding this sorting option to the rig manager would make the rig exchange much more useful i think, as you could hunt for a half decent profile of the type you want (or use one you already have) and then having found that try all the similar profiles with slight variations until you find what you are looking for.

• A possible way to avoid wasting a lot of time auditioning crap rigs : If a kemper profile is just a list of parameters derived from the profiling process (my understanding of it) then it should be possible for the rig manager to sort the profiles in the rig exchange by their similarity to a reference profile that you like (sort by their summed difference in parameter values from the reference rig). Adding this sorting option to the rig manager would make the rig exchange much more useful i think, as you could hunt for a half decent profile of the type you want (or use one you already have) and then having found that try all the similar profiles with slight variations until you find what you are looking for.

Oohhh, that would be interesting...a sort of " well if you like this, you might like this".....