Transpose Lag?

• I think within the Rig Menu there's no option for pure tuning.

For some reason you lose "Smooth Chords" on the rig version, so I always use it in slot A. This tick box stops the string sounds beating against each other, although there is increased latency. Select it when needed and leave it off for solos and single note riffs.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I think latency is one of those things that some people feel more than others. I'm pretty hyper by nature anyway, and I wasn't able to get comfortable with it. But then, I don't even like tuning my guitar down from standard as it feels different, so I may just be overly twitchy about such things.

As others have pointed out, processing is going to add some latency and that's just the nature of the beast. However, it's a great feature. If you don't mind the wait, the pictures from Pluto are pretty cool.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Sure you can’t go down, but we have a female singer so it’s pretty much always ‘can we bring this up a bit’. So using a capo is a quick and easy way to see if it works. Nothing wrong with it.

Only 2 issues with a Capo:

1) it can throw the tuning out slightly. Most people have to re-tweak a little

2) You have to re-orientate yourself with the fret board. I sometimes get lost without a capo, with one I'd forget where my only scale I know was...Am pentatonic ( that is the only scale isn't it?). Oh hang on, it stays the same, its only the open strings and key that changes...see how easily I'm confused! Seriously you would of course get used to it but just another factor...

• As said before the further away from normal pitch you go the worse the lag gets and it's more pronounced with gain. I turn off all Mods and Delays as well, they seem to add to the occasional warble I hear.

• Only 2 issues with a Capo:

1) it can throw the tuning out slightly. Most people have to re-tweak a little

2) You have to re-orientate yourself with the fret board. I sometimes get lost without a capo, with one I'd forget where my only scale I know was...Am pentatonic ( that is the only scale isn't it?). Oh hang on, it stays the same, its only the open strings and key that changes...see how easily I'm confused! Seriously you would of course get used to it but just another factor...

I mean, none of those things are an issue for me. But I can see how it could be for beginners and stuff.

• As said before the further away from normal pitch you go the worse the lag gets and it's more pronounced with gain. I turn off all Mods and Delays as well, they seem to add to the occasional warble I hear.

Actually it’s less pronounced with gain. It’s more obvious clean.

• I mean, none of those things are an issue for me. But I can see how it could be for beginners and stuff.

I don't think the issue of tuning is that of a beginner. If you put a capo on a guitar, it often needs retuning however good your technique is.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Are you saying I'm a beginner? After playing for 32 years......I think you're right :)

If someone only knows the Am pentatonic and gets confused by adding a capo, then yea, including some other basic stuff that’s missing I probably would say they’re a beginner. Regardless if it’s 1 year or 32 years.

I believe you were joking, so no, I wasn’t saying you were a beginner. I was talking in general. :)

• If someone only knows the Am pentatonic and gets confused by adding a capo, then yea, including some other basic stuff that’s missing I probably would say they’re a beginner. Regardless if it’s 1 year or 32 years.

I believe you were joking, so no, I wasn’t saying you were a beginner. I was talking in general. :)

I was totally joking :)