Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for PS4

• Hi guys,

Just purchased a Rocksmith game for my PS4 and facing unplayable latency when connecting my guitar directly through PS4. I was planning to set it up through my Kemper but did not really planned of how to get this connected through. Did anybody managed to set it up properly?

• I'm not really an expert on Rocksmith, but I have had my share of troubles with it ! The latency is mostly due to the output from the console - if you have an analog or optical out, use that (I'm an Xbox user so not sure what outputs you have). HDMI is the worst output, introduces terrible lag. (Xbox One and newer don't feature any analog outs, maybe the PS4 is the same.) The PC version is best regarding latency, plus there are thousands of home-made tracks using the "CDLC" option, but it has other issues around the input volume...

If you want to use your Kemper, you will still need to feed the *unprocessed* guitar signal into the Rocksmith cable. I've done this in the past using a AB/Y-splitter (Radial Big Shot), sending the signal to both the console and an amp, this was before I had my Kemper. I guess what you can do is plug the Rocksmith cable into a Kemper physical output (e.g. Monitor Output) and configure that output to "Git Analog" to get the raw signal. In the Rocksmith app, you'll need to configure the mixer settings to reduce the guitar volume to zero so you won't hear your playing "delayed" - sadly, the songs aren't provided as individual stems, so you will still hear the original guitar parts, you'll just have to turn up the Kemper!

Also make sure you set the ?latency config? (cant remember its exact name) in the settings screen, to compensate for any latency in what you see on the screen - it defaults to 50 (milliseconds?) but you can adjust either way. I never noticed any difference when I did it, so always left at default but you might...).

After that, its up to you to load up an appropriate rig on the Kemper to match the song; some songs will need you to change the sound mid-track if you want to be accurate, I guess Performance mode on the Kemper will help there...

BTW, the Rocksmith cable works as a very basic interface into other devices too - iphone, ipad, PC etc!

• If you just go guitar --> RS USB guitar cable --> PS4, you still have latency? If yes, that has to get addressed first. I had the best luck with optical out to the receiver.

After that you can use a simple Y splitter or a more elaborate "hum destroyer" type solution if you get a nasty ground loops. Feed the guitar to both the amp (Kemper) and the PS4 simultaneously.

• I guess what you can do is plug the Rocksmith cable into a Kemper physical output (e.g. Monitor Output) and configure that output to "Git Analog" to get the raw signal. In the Rocksmith app, you'll need to configure the mixer settings to reduce the guitar volume to zero so you won't hear your playing "delayed" -

Yes - this is exactly what I did (on a PC) - worked like a charm.