New User (former Fractal user) Quick Question

• Purchased a Kemper Head and plan to pick it up on Tuesday. I was a Fractal AX8 user up until they announced the new FM3 model. When they made the announcement and said it would be around 6 weeks before it came out I figured it was best to part with what I had before its value dropped. Well they have delayed the release date and I have been getting antsy over the past 5 months. I played a Kemper about a year ago and I like how it is really pretty simple to use. So I figured, why not? Here is my question: Are there any "studio ready" 3rd party profiles that are available to purchase? By "studio ready" I am searching for profiles that have unnecessary frequencies already EQ'd out. Some stuff that I have heard sounds like it would be great in a live mix or by itself but way too boomy to really do much with otherwise. I know that I can do all the low-cut and high-cut stuff in the DAW but it would be nice to have it already baked into the profile. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

• I am technically still a fractal user on a test to see if I will jump to the stage permanently. Tonejunkie and ML sound labs sell kemper IR but I will say don’t just down the IT rabbit whole unless you need to. I have some ML IR’s and so far have not felt like I needed to try them. At some point I might just for fun

• People may be able to give you some suggestions if you mention the genre(s) will be recording.

Here are some general thoughts:

You don't need to buy any Rigs to get an idea who is creating Rigs that will work best for you.

Nearly all of the commercial Rig sellers offer free examples.

Hearing the Rigs through your own system will tell you much more than demo recordings of them, or advice from other people.

And, this may help you avoid a long search process:

If your KPA is new, it will come with examples of Rigs from many commercial Rig sellers. Kemper also offers free Rig Packs (downloadable, and also available in Kemper's Rig Manager software) with even more free Rigs from many of the Commercial Rig sellers.

• Are there any "studio ready" 3rd party profiles that are available to purchase? By "studio ready" I am searching for profiles that have unnecessary frequencies already EQ'd out.

Yes, there's one in particular I'm a big rap for. PM me if you want to discuss it 'cause if we mention names your thread will be moved to this subforum:

Third party Rigs discussion

Welcome to the forum, mate. :)

• Hi, welcome and have in the forum and with your Kemper!

Regarding your profile questions: Simple answer is yes. You just need to find them. And "them" is what suits your needs. In the early times with my Kemper I had a few problems to understand the beauty of highly rated profiles (free and especially commercial ones) which were typically mentioned when you ask for studio readiness and cut-through-the-mix character. But after a while and a lot of trying things out I got it and found my stuff.... which makes me happy in studio and on stage. And that contains both, great free profiles but also some of the best reputation commercial ones which I really like now. Overall I do not use really many profiles. It was about getting to the point to identify the few which made it through.

The thing that will most probably not work well for you is "please give me the name of the profile which does it all for me".... everybody can mention one and you might like it. But the personal taste will be different in the end :)

• Hi, welcome and have in the forum and with your Kemper!

Regarding your profile questions: Simple answer is yes. You just need to find them. And "them" is what suits your needs. In the early times with my Kemper I had a few problems to understand the beauty of highly rated profiles (free and especially commercial ones) which were typically mentioned when you ask for studio readiness and cut-through-the-mix character. But after a while and a lot of trying things out I got it and found my stuff.... which makes me happy in studio and on stage. And that contains both, great free profiles but also some of the best reputation commercial ones which I really like now. Overall I do not use really many profiles. It was about getting to the point to identify the few which made it through.

The thing that will most probably not work well for you is "please give me the name of the profile which does it all for me".... everybody can mention one and you might like it. But the personal taste will be different in the end :)

Definitely not looking for a " One profile for All". Instead what I am curious about is if there are any companies out there that market "studio ready". I play a lot of different styles so the ultimate would be a "variety" profile pack. I do not play out live these days so the studio is where the Kemper will be spending its days.

• Thanks! Not sure though how to PM. I am new on this site and see nothing to click on to send you a message.

Easy, mate:

Hover your mouse / pointer / cursor over my user name next to this post. In the pop-up window that appears, there'll be 3 symbols in the lower-right corner. The extreme-right one is a set of "speech bubbles". Click on this to start a Conversation (that's what PM's are called here).