Miss Makita - funk machine

• Here is a funky track. I felt like Quincy Jones while recording this one as it has a very thick layer of takes, up to 12 tracks on some parts.

Miss Makita - funk machine

Usual Jazzbox and semi hollow, the two pictured on my photo. Boogie & AC15 profiles and some of my semi hollow pack . I tried to keep the FXs low for some 70's flavour on the guitars.

Jazzbass and Microkorg went thru the kemper also, for some dirty tones.

• Incredibly cool! Well done man... and indeed the cool vibe of the 70s is on the spot.... very nice! Especially like the rythm section, bass sounds awesome on that track.

...went thru the kemper also, for some dirty tones...

Same here. The Kemper is more and more in the middle of my production process and I use re-amping on other tracks as guitars as well, e.g. even vocals. It is such an inspiring tool - even beyond the use with guitars and bass.

• I love '70s cop-show and cop-movie music; the Dirty Harry scores spring to mind.

Renaud, you just put me in the middle of a cop show scoring some China White and Peruvian Blue Flake with Curtis Mayfield.

Thx gents, I was practising my rhythm & funk chords chops on my AC15 favorite profile when this track came out of nowhere , on the second session I added the synths and jazzbox parts to get that mellow 70's feel. The clavinet had a special treatment, I used a KPA wah and my fuzz in front to my boogie profile ( minus the cab) , I dig the dirty tone a lot.

The jazzbox was also a great tool to get the feel , with the double stops and jazzy runs à la Benson and the mandatory background wahs . Yes Curtis and Isaac Hayes were a huge influence for this track.

Incredibly cool! Well done man... and indeed the cool vibe of the 70s is on the spot.... very nice! Especially like the rythm section, bass sounds awesome on that track.

Thx man, I did the bass in 5 minutes over the guitar parts & drums, I think it's an SWR profile or an ampeg on the jazzbass. I had to add lots of post EQ on the bass freq around 110 Hz to get the fat groove.

Same here. The Kemper is more and more in the middle of my production process and I use re-amping on other tracks as guitars as well, e.g. even vocals. It is such an inspiring tool - even beyond the use with guitars and bass.

I cannot agree more , I used my kemper on my folk guitar, vocals , all sorts of synths , even my trumpet with the help of great Neve and UAD console & preamp profiles.