Harmonic Pitch setup

• Hey there!

I’m a new Kemper user so bare with me as I’m still getting used to it. I’m trying to set up the harmonic pitch effect to mimic the end solo of Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage at 2:37 sec.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not only do I not know what I’m doing with the Kemper here but not that good with theory either. The song is played in what would be D minor but is tuned to Drop C. Any tips to getting the harmonising in the ballpark of that video?

Thanks!

• I just did something similar last week, had no idea what to do when I started, and fumbled my way to an acceptable end result by disregarding the key of the song - which was a straight ahead 1, 4, 5 in G - and instead looking at the notes being played and choosing the appropriate relevant scale, which in my case turned out to be the F-Major scale. I also chose to play the higher part with the harmonizer adding notes a third below what I was playing, a strategy I've seen recommended many times, especially with vocal harmonizers.

The instructions on Pages 175 thru 180 in the manual are easy to follow, so after adding the desired rig profile, I loaded the Harmonic Pitch effect into the "X" slot. Next, I dialed in the scale, set Voice Interval 1 to -3, Voice Interval 2 to Unison, and that was it.

Hope this helps...

• You're playing Dm but guitar is in Drop C ( from E ) so that's 4 semi tones down.Dm becomes Bbm so you can probably set the harmoniser to Bbm/C# and try adding the 3rd above ( I think !!!! )