Moving Performances from STAGE to POWERRACK - Best workflow requested?

• Hi, as I can move with todays latest FW and RM via backup&restore function performances from the Powerrack to the stage, this ist unfortunately not possible from Stage to the Powerrack. Can you please describe the most efficient way you are practising to exchange Performances that way? The idea is, to move performances which were changes during rehearsals room sessions back to Studio/Powerrack. Actually I see the only way with RM ... what would be the fastest and smooth workflow?

Thank's for your reply!

• Hi, as I can move with todays latest FW and RM via backup&restore function performances from the Powerrack to the stage, this ist unfortunately not possible from Stage to the Powerrack. Can you please describe the most efficient way you are practising to exchange Performances that way? The idea is, to move performances which were changes during rehearsals room sessions back to Studio/Powerrack. Actually I see the only way with RM ... what would be the fastest and smooth workflow?

Thank's for your reply!

Why is it not possible?

I just restored a Stage backup to my Powerhead.

No problem.

FW 7.0.8 on both machines.

• Ingolf: Yesterday my PowerRack sticked with "Kemper Profiler" display for minutes after rebooting from such a restore .. that's why I am asking the ... (as long as the official answer from the Kemper support does this procedure explicitely not recommend, only via RM). ?( I also use FW 7.0.8 on both systems (powerrack is beta).

• Ingolf: Yesterday my PowerRack sticked with "Kemper Profiler" display for minutes after rebooting from such a restore .. that's why I am asking the ... (as long as the official answer from the Kemper support does this procedure explicitely not recommend, only via RM). ?( I also use FW 7.0.8 on both systems (powerrack is beta).

I even verified my backup and everything is in there. ;)

• Ruefus: Maybe I didnt express enough that my Stage is placed in the rehearsal room, quit far away from the studio without any network connection. That's want I to exchange inbetween ...

BTW: Did you connect both devices (2) at the same time to one RM already? I was told by the Support that this does not work ... ?

• I've also been backup/restoring in both directions through a USB drive. That seems to be the only way to keep all performances up to date and in the right order. There's a lot of room for improvement but I'm optimistic that Kemper will realise that their most loyal customers now own 2 devices that need to be in sync and do something to make our lives easier. Might take a while though... ;)

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Ingolf: How long was the reboot after a restore on the Powerhead in minutes, did it take longer as a regular restore. If so, I will give this one more retry. I will come back, thanks.

Definitely not very long. I didn’t count the minutes. The progress bar was constantly moving and the reboot was as expected.

• Ruefus: Maybe I didnt express enough that my Stage is placed in the rehearsal room, quit far away from the studio without any network connection. That's want I to exchange inbetween ...

BTW: Did you connect both devices (2) at the same time to one RM already? I was told by the Support that this does not work ... ?

Ahh.... Then your only option really is backup/restore. I do this between my personal KPA and one when I serve at church. I'll backup mine, take the USB drive with me. First thing I do when I get there is backup the church's KPA, then restore to mine. When I'm done, reverse the process.

Whole thing might take 5 or ten minutes.

As for connecting 2 profilers, that was as much to say "at the same time" as it was one at a time. Wasn't sure if RM supported two connections. Would be good if it did, though.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As for connecting 2 profilers, that was as much to say "at the same time" as it was one at a time. Wasn't sure if RM supported two connections. Would be good if it did, though.

I've had both of mine connected to RM at the same time without issue. I discovered this by accident a few upgrades ago when the KPAs queued for their updates! More recently, only one will update and then a reboot of RM triggered the second update. Profile-wise, drag and drop works ok as far as I can see. (on the latest betas - as of 16/9/19)

• Good morning @ all,

thank you for your replies. Yesterday I tested a fresh backup from stage with restore to the PowerRack again (runtime 4-5 minutes) and it did work, I had no freeze in the reboot. I hope this will remain now as experienced as long as I dont want to use a Nnotebook for exchanging my performances (with the RM). I will keep reporting and updating this thread ...

BR,

Hannes