Improvement/Quality of Direct Amp Profiles

• "Try those using your powerhead straight into your cab". Isn't it always the case? ... Like, also with the powered Kemper? ...

Not sure where my other post went but I answered this. No I'm not using my Kemper theough my amps power section for anything but creating the profile.

After creating a DI or merged profile, turn off the cab on the Kemper monitor output. Then EQ the monitor out while playing through a solid state power amp and your cab while at the same time sending a mono main out to good FRFR.

The sound from the FRFR is what your profiled amp sounds like through the microphone you chose to profile with. Use this sound to help EQ your cabless monitor out to the power amp and cab.

You should be able to get pretty much a spot on match to your amp played through your cab. You have to EQ a guitar cab to get an exact match, guitar speakers color the sound. It will be close without the EQ and likely usable but not exact until you EQ. The Kemper was always intended to be used with FRFR or flat stage monitors, but they listened to the users to allow a way to use your own guitar cabs so people didnt have to spend good money on a FRFR cab or PA.

Hopefully that makes sense and explains what I do and what I'm talking about.

• An example of what I'm talking about and yes you would need to EQ for your cab. But only once.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Exactly how did you compare the amp and the resulting Profile?

After making the Direct Amp Profile, plugged the amp from the cab and plugged the Kemper to the cab.

Something to consider, Niklas:

Sharing clips might help in that there may be clues in the difference/s between the source and Profiled result as to what's going on. I re-read your previous two threads on the matter and no clips were offered, hence this suggestion.

I'm comparing the sound with my ears - like i said, for me, the amp in the room sound is crucial.
    I'm not comparing Studio Profiles or miked DA rofiles - i'm comparing the profile to the amp on same volume on the same cab with the same equipment (same guitar, same pickup, ...). And - they sounded different. Similar, but not identical.

To the last answer regarding FRFR speakers: This not not how i want to achieve my guitar sound.
    I want (or with other words, i'm expecting) that the Kemper should respond similar to a cab compared to an amp.
    Obviously this is not the case. But due to many reasons (sharing backline, using existing equipment, ...) i just need the Kemper working with a standard guitar cab. I know - cabs are sounding different which is totally fine - so, i'm referencing the DA profile only with my cab to compare it with my real amps.

I'm not "requesting" that much ... i don't need Studio Profiles, i don't need uncountable profiles - i just want my favorite amps (yes, my amps - not other versions or models, just my personal amps ...) available in a Kemper, straight hooked up to my prefered guitar cab (which is a standard Orange PPC412). And while i was testing the Kemper, i was not capable of doing this. Again, similar sound, but not identical (tweaked EQs, of course cab sim off, tweaked parameters in the amp section, ...). So, that's the reason why i asked again if some optimization happened in the meantime ...

Greetings,
    Niklas

• One way to achieve this would be if you knew what cabs/mics will be provided for the backline. You could then load an IR that matches - preshow. Then tweak your sound using the IR and a DI profile. Then when you get to the show, just turn off the IR and voila! That should match very closely and you could then minimally tweak the profiles during sound check to fit the room.

Bottom line I think is that if you're not providing your own cabs/mics/pa/FRFR your at the mercy of the venue. I always bring at least one 12 inch powered FRFR/PA speaker with me for my monitoring on stage, it only takes a power cable and a XLR to get the exact sound I'm looking to hear on stage, add some pure cabinet to the studio profile and you have your cab in the room sound which can then be mic'ed up and sent to the FOH if needed.