Help with connecting Kemper to computer speakers???

• Hello,

Is it possible to connect the computer speakers pictured below to the Kemper and get both speakers to output sound? I am only getting sound out of the left speaker when going out of Monitor Output on the back of the Kemper. The speakers are Bose Companion 2 Series III.

Thanks.

• Monitor Out is Mono, that's why you're only hearing one channel. You can make the Monitor Out stereo by utilizing the Direct out too (there's a tick box within the output menu named "Monitor stereo"). Or you use the Master Outputs and dial in Master Stereo within the output menu.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Monitor Out is Mono, that's why you're only hearing one channel. You can make the Monitor Out stereo by utilizing the Direct out too (there's a tick box within the output menu named "Monitor stereo"). Or you use the Master Outputs and dial in Master Stereo within the output menu.

Thanks! I think I understand now. I was hoping to use the Master Outputs for my audio interface and then use the Monitor Out just for hearing myself play guitar through the computer speakers. I must need a Y-cable then to connect to Monitor Out and Direct Out to get stereo through my computer speakers?

• Then you don't need the Master Outs to connect to your interface, use SPDIF instead. This way the Master Outs are still free for other purposes and theres no conversion from analog to digital.

• Then you don't need the Master Outs to connect to your interface, use SPDIF instead. This way the Master Outs are still free for other purposes and theres no conversion from analog to digital.

Thanks! Got the computer speakers working in stereo with the cable you recommended.

I’ll have to read up on S/PDIF as a I’ve never used it before. Isn’t there an issue with clocking and the Kemper and audio interface when using S/PDIF?

Thanks.

• As far as I know there is no such issue. If you own the rack or the toaster the only things to keep in mind is that Kemper needs to be Master (not slave). Besides that bring everything to 44.1 khz and 24 bit.