Stage: Computing speed - your experiences

• Hi all,

I couldnt find any dedicated thread about the increase of the computing speed available now within the Stage and was wondering that nobody was reporting this explicitly. I realized the increase immediately in the store when trying out my ordered model. I really could see and feel a noticeable Speed at

- switching between rigs within Performances -> the so called (reduced) latency when hitting a performance slot button (1-5) is for playing live now like "perfect"

- scrolling performances: Much, much faster

- backup: On the stage about 30%+ faster

Whats your abservations concerning increased computing speed? And: Can somebody from Kemper plaese have some comments on the HW architecture and developtments?

I was wondering about that noticable increase of speed because the Kemper Support told me - before having received my ordered stage model - that the CPU in the Stage is still the same from 2012 (what I could not believe anyway).

• I remember it being stated that the same processor was used, so it has to be the latest code if there are any improvements. I am still on the latest OS6 release, so cannot confirm.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• There are several things contributing to the overall performance, and I believe some other chips (I/O for example) have bee upgraded (Double Loop, Saving... IIGIR can't just be a matter of fw).
    If they said the main CPU is the same as before I see no reason to believe they are laying ;)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• There is a noticeable latency in performance mode on the Stage when switching from one slot to another. When will this be addressed? It's very distracting