Distortion Sense (Solved)

• Hey Everyone!

I was poking around in the input section today and noticed something I thought was weird. I mainly use Tone Junkie profiles and noticed that several profiles are set to -7.3 for the distortion sense. This applies to a lot of the distorted profiles and some of the very low gain profiles. Some medium to high gain profiles are also set to 0. The noise gate is also turned up fairly high (3.5) on some low gain profiles and at 0 for some high gain profiles. I assume I royally screwed up somewhere and got these profiles out of wack. Are these setting normal? My understanding was distortion sense and clean sense are a set once and lock type of thing. If it is my indeed my fault, should I just do a global reset to return to factory settings?

• I think the majority of users have the input settings locked. If you have the need for more noise reduction you can put one of the noise gates in one of the pre stack slots (A-D). Maybe watching this video helps too:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• IMO and IME, a Global (locked) NOise Gate makes little sense, since with the gear I use most noise comes from a distorted profile's amp section, not from the guitar.
    Having said that, general rule is that if you so not lock the Input each rig will carry its own settings for the whole Input section :)
    HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• IMO and IME, a Global (locked) NOise Gate makes little sense, since with the gear I use most noise comes from a distorted profile's amp section, not from the guitar.
    Having said that, general rule is that if you so not lock the Input each rig will carry its own settings for the whole Input section :)
    HTH

That was also my train of thought.