MIDI Clock All over the place

• Hi, i'm programming some performance patches and using a MOTU Ultralite 3 for MIDI OUT to Kemper Profiler (Head Unpowered) MIDI IN.

The midi messages all work to changing the performances but i'm sending Tempo because my show has all kinds of tempo changes and i'm using a large session with all the sequence from all the show songs so everything has already been automated for the click track in Logic Pro X.

I'm sending MTC but the Tempo display in Rig>Tempo goes all over the place. Ex a song is in 126 bpm then the kemper oscillated between 126.9 to 125.4 .... aaaand

I'm also using MIDI OUT from kemper to hookup a BOSS Slicer to recieve the tempo from the session but it is never synced, the Boss also fluctuate with the kemper and is never in the beats that the session is playing.

Am i doing something wrong?

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• - MTC is not MIDI clock; these are 2 different things: the KPA supports MIDI clock only.

- the indication of the clock on the display is not necessarily what you would be hearing: can you actually hear mis-artefacts in the (timed) effects of the KPA ? (i.e.: out-of-sync delay or something like that?)

- the indicated clock BPM on the display can take a while to adapt, and is an averaging indication of the measured received clock-speed.

- you should connect the BOSS Slicer to the MIDI-THRU of the KPA in stead of the MIDI-OUT ! however be sure not to have anything assigned to the MIDI-THRU port of the KPA, assuring that it's operating as a real MIDI-THRU port. Furthermore be sure to disable 'Send MIDI clock' on the KPA, because you really want the all of the clocking to come out of your DAW (Logic Pro X)