Best low gain/crunch profile out there

• Hi people, I am still a new user of the Kemper but really like it so far. I get very good clean and distortion sounds (I don't play ultra distortion). I am struggling a little with a good low gain/crunch sound - somewhere in between clean and distorted - maybe the Kemper gain somewhere between 9 and 12 o'clock - for Blues for example. Do you have any suggestions (commercial or non-commercial). Or do you use for such sounds a clean sound and a booster or something? Thanks Max

• Hi, welcome and have fun in the forum and with your Kemper!

Two suggestions for you:

1) "Morgan AC20" by rmpacheco on the RigExchange

2) "Skylark Trem" by Rhett Shull which is available for free in his free sample pack.

Both great with pedals to boost and thicken the sound even more 8)

• I'm currently in love with Brian Carl's British Bolt. But I believe that's only available in a pack.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Both great with pedals to boost and thicken the sound even more

Say, how do you boost a profile? With the internal boosters/distortions or with external (loop)? Do you put it before or after the amp/cab section? I tried a little with internal and external but don't seem to get good sounds from that. Thanks

• With the internal boosters/distortions or with external (loop)?

Actually both but mostly with the internal stuff in the Kemper. I like the boosts which are available and use them a lot. The distortions are fine for me as well but I do not use them that much. I rather go for higher gain profiles then. Occasionally I use an external Tube Screamer even before the Kemper (so not in a loop but in front of the input). Some people here might consider this redundant though. You will find discussions on pedal boards in front of the Kemper here and there.

In order to boost the profiled amp the boost/distortion needs to be before the stack section (i.e. in the stomp slots) so that the input/gain stage of the amp gets a hotter signal .

• Say, how do you boost a profile? With the internal boosters/distortions or with external (loop)? Do you put it before or after the amp/cab section? I tried a little with internal and external but don't seem to get good sounds from that. Thanks

The pure boost in front of a slightly overdriven profile is as good as it gets.