Selah Sounds Bastion 40

• Hi,

I've been following Kingsley amps for many years and the creator/owner/designer Simon Jarret is a really good and tasteful guitar player with really nice sounds. So I've been thinking of getting a few of his pedals.

Then I got an email from Selah Sounds about his 50% sale on the Kingsley Bastion 40 profile pack. What I had tried previously from Selah Sounds had been good but nothing I didn't really have so I was semi-interested but went to his web site to check. My interest peaked when I read that Simon Jarret himself had been helping in the profiling process and I decided to get them.

They are really good. The cleans give me really dynamic and warm sounds for my strat (think Chris Rea and John Mayer) and the HB profiles gave me a cool clean sound when I pulled down the gain and some really nice D-style ODS sounds. I have the D-pack from MBritt and Norbury's D-style packs and I sometimes find the MBritt profiles too fat in the midrange (sort of hard to get the right dynamics on both neck and bridge pickups) and the Norbury not fat enough which makes them harder to play dynamically. The Bastion profiles come right in the middle and works great for both neck and bridge HB.

Cheers,

Mats N

• A very good pack especially for the old school dynamics. The gainy profiles clean up great without getting muddy or too dark when you roll off the volume, which is something I often miss in many profiles.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I purchased the pack during the sale and have been really enjoying the heck out of the HB profiles with my 335 style guitar. Guitar volume and pick attack are all that’s needed to go from clean to nice OD tones. Take it from a wannabe Larry Carlton that this is a worthwhile purchase and I plan to use the HB 5+ rig for an upcoming gig next week.