Questions about using the Freeze feature

• I want to use the Freeze feature to create sustained chord pads for soloing over. While I understand how to achieve this in the Reverb block, it seems that the reverb effect must be engaged when the Freeze button is pressed in order to generate the pad. Is it possible to set this up so that the pad can be generated from a dry signal?

Secondly, how can I set up a performance so that when I switch from one rig to another, the pad effect continues to sustain without drawing its signal from the new rig? ie. Create a clean sustain pad using rig 1, and then change to rig 2 for a solo tone over the clean pad... ?

• I'm reckoning that you record your chord pads into a the looper then morph your preset to a higher gain.

Or just switch presets.

I can see how I'd use morphing to change from rhythm to lead tone (if switching rigs isn't possible). I'm trying not to use the Looper though, as I generally keep it switched off on the Remote to avoid kicking it on by accident during performances.

• Secondly, how can I set up a performance so that when I switch from one rig to another, the pad effect continues to sustain without drawing its signal from the new rig? ie. Create a clean sustain pad using rig 1, and then change to rig 2 for a solo tone over the clean pad... ?

As the freeze is tied to a delay or reverb effect in a certain slot it’s bound to stop freezing when you change the rig within the same performance or change the performance.

When I do soloing over a freeze pad sound I switch on the DS+ as a distortion pedal.

The results are great IMO.

• Wow, the "freeze" function is like getting an EHX Freeze pedal for free - really useful. I didn't even know I needed one until I saw Rick Beato using freeze type sounds for practice last night:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So 2 dumb Q's

1. what delay/reverb/other effects have a freeze parameter available? Don't see this in the manual...
    2. if freeze is assigned to an effect button i-iiii, it works but then by definition also disables further input to that effect. Ideally, you could assign freeze to a dry sound (since there is no tail, freeze isn't really relevant/perceptible with time based effects) and then have the effect on the remaining "live" input. I guess you can "stack" another reverb/delay and only freeze one of them?

Example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• To answer my own dumb question - yep, you can just assign another reverb/delay to slot x (for example) and this will allow you to essentially "stack" effects with one being dedicated to the "freeze" function. I'm sure there are other permutations on this theme such as morphing, spillover, etc... but it's really cool for practicing or even doing songs where you need a pad or drone type sound. Sweet!

• As the freeze is tied to a delay or reverb effect in a certain slot it’s bound to stop freezing when you change the rig within the same performance or change the performance.

When I do soloing over a freeze pad sound I switch on the DS+ as a distortion pedal.

The results are great IMO.

How do you assing the freeze function to stomps I-IIII on the stage?