Yamaha DXR10 or... ?

• Hello Guys,

Sorry I’m sure this been asked millions times, but I’m new here.

I use Kemper Powered with 2x12 Marshall. The sound on stage is very great, give this “amp in the room” but I have the feeling that I can’t control the FOH and not using 100% of the Kemper. As the cab colour everything and even if I have great sound on stage I’m not sure what’s happen in front.

So I do some research.. and i think to buy a Yamaha DXR10 for my own monitor and for dialing tones (apparently is quite accurate with FOH).

Do you guys think is a good choice ? Or do I need to consider something else ?

I basically want to practice /dialing my tones (90dB min) at home and be sure than it will be accurate when i play live and send XLR’s to the desk. And using the Yamaha as main monitor.

Thanks for your patience and sorry again if is been asked 1000000 times.

Q :)

• I have both a DXR10 and a DXR8. Frankly, I find little difference between the two. I also have an LD Systems Maui 11, which is similar to a Bose L1. I like them all, though the Maui is wider range and more "hifi" than the DXRs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have both a DXR10 and a DXR8. Frankly, I find little difference between the two. I also have an LD Systems Maui 11, which is similar to a Bose L1. I like them all, though the Maui is wider range and more "hifi" than the DXRs.

Cool thanks for replied!

Will check them out, but I think take the DXR10.. maybe 2 for stereos heaven !

• I use the DXR10 to dial in tones at home at gig level. And as Paul says it can get very loud if you want.

Lots of people seem to like Headrush 112 as well.

Thanks !

Yes that’s true about the Headrush, heard good things about it.

That’s exactly what I want to do, dialing tones at home and know exactly what I’m sending to the front. Thing than I can’t do right know with a guitar cab.

I think the DXR10 is perfect for that

• Ingolf recently shared his experience with DXR and Headrush gear and started a nice thread around it with good discussion. Look here:

Headrush FRFR 108 vs. Yamaha DXR 10 - my impressions

Why why why ? Now I will not sleep and thinking about HeadRush or YAMAHA...

Well, before you wrote that comment I was exactly reading this thread !

So now I’m lost.. I don’t know what to do!

Ingolf if you were me, what you will do ? I’m session guitarist, playing live 90% of the time , so I need a FRFR able to be ok for gig volume as main monitor (even if we use in ears, I always have 1 out) . Soul/blues to Progessive rock/hard rock. I want something for “all the time use”, home for dialing and live, who can be accurate with any FOH venues !

PS: there is 112 also (Headrush)

Cheers guys

• See it positively: You can't go wrong either way :P

Yes! I'm sure.. but the HeadRush is great for the price... can even bought 2 and be in heaven with stereo... It's available in my local music shop for 230£!!!!

Need to spend a bit more time to do some research, but i do think have an FRFR this week hehe !

• Me and my friends are very very happy with our Alto Ts210 and Ts310. They sound great and very light. And the Ts208 or 308 sound fantastic as well. Highly recommended.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Yamaha has a 7 year warranty..

I seen it !

I have the impression to make a decision for buy a proprety lol... is that fun !

I'm pretty sure to be very happy with both, HeadRush is a bang for the price really when you see than with 500£ you can have two and go stereo..
    But i'm still not sure what to do..

• Regarding the dxr 10 and loud enough, it depends on your genre of music and how hard your drummer hits..

I play in a metal/rock band and the dxr 10 has been nice, but it starts to fart out when you are starting to hit 2`o clock on the volume dial:P

I am now looking at a dxr 15 to supliment :)

• Regarding the dxr 10 and loud enough, it depends on your genre of music and how hard your drummer hits..

I play in a metal/rock band and the dxr 10 has been nice, but it starts to fart out when you are starting to hit 2`o clock on the volume dial:P

I am now looking at a dxr 15 to supliment :)

Hey Xander!
    I'm not playing metal at all, the loudest is like hard rock kinda vibe. 80% of the time is bluesy rock, classic rock stuff !
    Thanks for sharing your experience with it !

• You can’t go wrong with either of them, DXR 10 or Headrush 108.

My verdict and my decision in favor of the 108 should be considered purely subjective. Both are great and deserve to be checked out.

Hey Ingolf!
    I think will go with HeadRush.. as i said, i play a lot with IEM's, just want something good for dialing tones at home and be sure than it will be the same (or very close) on any FOH venues...

I seen that the HeadRush can be very loud in case i want to use it as main monitor on stage... so for the price etc.. i do think is a bang !