Talking about FW updates

• Am I the only one missing a consistent and detailed changelog for every release? Or is this information available and I missed it?

I have just downloaded the 1.0.8 .zip file and could just find a hint to "the most relevant" changes.
    I would like to be able to follow what's going on, improvements-wise X)

If there's a more accurate source of information about this, I'd love to be addressed to it.
    Thanks everyone!

• KPA Operating System 1.0.8 Public BetaThis public beta version addresses various issues and offers refinements to existing functions. Among the changes are:

- Changing to another rig will now always recall the tempo setting from the new rig
    - An issue related to the the output settings has been addressed
    - A recently introduced issue regarding the monitor output and S/PDIF output volumes has been addressed

• Am I the only one missing a consistent and detailed changelog for every release? Or is this information available and I missed it?

I have just downloaded the 1.0.8 .zip file and could just find a hint to "the most relevant" changes.
    I would like to be able to follow what's going on, improvements-wise X)

If there's a more accurate source of information about this, I'd love to be addressed to it.
    Thanks everyone!

I do agree! More info on the FW would be welcome!

• Hi,

I totaly agree. In addition I would love to see a roadmap to have an idea when we can expect the editor, perform mode, undo, redo etc.

• It has been stated several times that they will not release any technical information over hardware and/or software. The changelog communicate what affects the user and nothing more.
    As for the roadmap I believe it is quite flexible at the moment, changing with the feedback from the user community, is normal (IMHO) that they do not want to give fixed deadlines being those decision business and turnover driven (investments, resources....)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• To be honest, I'm fine with this information given. And I think it's normal in the software business not to lay all cards on the table. Not that I wouldn't be happy to have more features available, but anyway, what we have is pretty stable now. And I prefer playing guitar to playing with software. ;)

• To be honest, I'm fine with this information given. And I think it's normal in the software business not to lay all cards on the table. Not that I wouldn't be happy to have more features available, but anyway, what we have is pretty stable now. And I prefer playing guitar to playing with software. ;)

+1!!

• It has been stated several times that they will not release any technical information over hardware and/or software. The changelog communicate what affects the user and nothing more.

To be honest, I'm fine with this information given. And I think it's normal in the software business not to lay all cards on the table. Not that I wouldn't be happy to have more features available, but anyway, what we have is pretty stable now. And I prefer playing guitar to playing with software. ;)

Of course I respect your opinions guys :)

I've not read statements from Kemper about their will/need to hide what has changed in a FW update. Where has it been posted?

Furthermore I, like others here I presume, have been having a lot to do with software in the last 30 years for several reasons. And, y-mun, it's not my experience that a software developer hides what's new in a FW release. TBH, I've never experienced this in my professional life, both for pure software or hardware!
    A developer has got several ways to not reveal anything critical and nevertheless tell what you're going to install in your machine. A statement like "fixed a critical bug in the sag algorithm were, under certain conditions, a function erraticly returned a void value" wouldn't say a word about the secret sauce feeding the engine :)

This having been said, I swear I'm not turning to Axe-Fx for this reason! :p