Built a patch panel for rack. RJ45 connector noise thru monitor. Please Help!

• Hi, I built a patch panel for my Kemper Rack that has the Main outs, monitor out and Direct out on it. When I mounted the RJ45 ethercon cable jack to the same panel there is a digital noise that is coming out of the monitors. I tried the ground lift (really didn't expect it to work but why not try?). If I isolate the jack off of the patch panel it is dead quiet, but once I ground the ethercon panel connector with the remote cable attached it comes back.

Anyone else have this problem and found a cure? I could mount another patch panel on the back of the rack probably and put the connector there( the other one is on the front). But was looking for other possible options or ideas from the group as I'd like it in the front. Many thanks!

• Hi !
    I have one question about your patch : do you finally use the Kemper's Remote cable or an other RJ45 cable ?
    If so, what kind of cable do you use ? Because I've built something similar but I'm facing issues with my RJ45 cable : it does not light the remote (even so the buttons work perfectly...).
    Thanks

• I got a patch panel from BTPA for the rear of my rack. When I plugged in my kemper remote cable the first time, it "kind of " worked but not reliably or well. I had read that even the short cable from the rack remote jack to the rear of the new panel could affect the ethernet connection. So I added a POE injector and, voila, no issues. I recently bought a different remote cable that has a much more flexible jacket than the OEM (why Kemper uses such a stiff cable is a bit of a mystery), and it works perfectly.