Remote not working since update.

• I have not had the problem with remote not working, but the boot sequence seem to have changed. In the past my profiler (unpowered head) would fire up POE to the remote early during boot resulting in the remote completing its boot-sequence first and sit waiting for the KPA to get ready. Now there is no power provided to the remote until the main unit is up and running.

Maybe this is an attempt to speed things up as it always have taken 20-30 seconds for the remote to get attached once both units are ready probably due to periodic retries to reconnect, but it isn't the best approach. The most efficient method is to implement a broadcast-listener on both units and have them both broadcast its presence once they are ready. Then the unit that is ready first will immediately be notified when its peer is available and thus able to initiate immediate connection. It should only be a matter of milliseconds before the connection is established once both units are up and running, not 10s of seconds.

Yeah! i noticed that too, i think the boot up time is faster

Kemper Rack with Remote

Bogner Duende 24W
    Focusrite 6i6

• Yeah! i noticed that too, i think the boot up time is faster

Yes they have shaved off a few seconds, but it would have been even faster with early power to the remote combined with the method I described above. Now the KPA has to wait for the remote to get ready.