Kemper Stage: Can An Effect Button Control On/Off Satus of Send/Return ?

• Please pardon the rookie Kemper Stage question! Can one of the four Effect Buttons be used to toggle a Send/Return off and on? I'd like to use one external pedal (a Byrds JB2 compressor) that would always be turned on and connected to a Send/Return. I understand my current Kemper Rack can accomplish this using the floor controller, but I just want to make sure if I buy a 2nd Kemper, a Kemper Stage for gigging, that the Send/Return can be toggled on/off while leaving my JB2 always on.

Thanks!

• Please pardon the rookie Kemper Stage question! Can one of the four Effect Buttons be used to toggle a Send/Return off and on? I'd like to use one external pedal (a Byrds JB2 compressor) that would always be turned on and connected to a Send/Return. I understand my current Kemper Rack can accomplish this using the floor controller, but I just want to make sure if I buy a 2nd Kemper, a Kemper Stage for gigging, that the Send/Return can be toggled on/off while leaving my JB2 always on.

Thanks!

Hi, sure you can do this. Since the send/return is only accessible using a stereo/mono/distortion loop, you just have to turn off that effects slot in order to turn it off, or vice versa.

• nightlight preetty much nailed it.

Think of the send/return just like a stomp or effect. Dial the proper loop (stereo/mono/distortion) into the slot you want (A, B, C......etc). Then assign that slot to an effects button. Done.

What's a nice bonus for Stage users is you have two loops whereas there is only one on the Toaster/Rack.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• nightlight preetty much nailed it.

Think of the send/return just like a stomp or effect. Dial the proper loop (stereo/mono/distortion) into the slot you want (A, B, C......etc). Then assign that slot to an effects button. Done.

What's a nice bonus for Stage users is you have two loops whereas there is only one on the Toaster/Rack.

Say, does two loops mean you can't go stereo with the loop? And will you need two slots for two loops? Can the loops be made parallel or series?

• Say, does two loops mean you can't go stereo with the loop? And will you need two slots for two loops? Can the loops be made parallel or series?

From the manual:

The PROFILER Stage even offers two
    SEND outputs and four RETURN inputs, which allows the use of two independent effect loops.

You can apply a hardware effect loop in any of the effect modules. For PROFILER models other than Stage, you cannot use the hardware effects loop in more than one location of the signal flow at the same time. So, if you try to engage the loop at more than one location within one Rig, the first loop in the signal flow will win. Similar logic applies, if you try to configure more than two effect loops within one Rig at the PROFILER Stage.

While Loop Mono works well in any effect module, you can establish a stereo return for your external effects by placing Loop Stereo in the X, MOD, DLY or REV modules. In this case, the RETURN INPUT will work as the left input and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT as the right input for any PROFILER model other than Stage.

With PROFILER Stage you could establish even two independent effect loops:

• Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3) plus another optional Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via upper loop (SEND 1 and RETURN 1)

• Loop Stereo via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3+4) plus another optional Loop Stereo via upper loop (SEND 1 and RETURN 1+2)

• Loop Stereo via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3+4) plus Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via upper loop (SEND 1 and RETURN 1)

Loop Mono or Loop Distortion via lower loop (SEND 2 and RETURN 3) plus Loop Stereo via upper loop (SEND 1 and RETURN 1+2)

Therefor the PROFILER Stage offers an additional option within the effect loop to assign either the lower or the upper loop jacks. If you just want use one effect loop we recommend to use the lower loop as this leaves the SEND 1 and RETURN 1 jacks unoccupied and ready for PROFILING.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• To save the forum from my creating another thread, here's a follow up question:

I bought the Kemper Stage this morning and I'm picking it up this afternoon. I'll be copying everything in my current Kemper Rack to the Kemper Stage. Once I load the newest 7 operating system into the new Kemper Stage I'm planning on just doing a Backup on the Rack and doing a Restore to the Stage. I assume this will work perfectly, but my question is moving forward using Rig Manager with both the Rack and the Stage Kemper. Should I use two separate User Names in Rig Manager, one name for each Kemper? Or will Rig Manager know the difference between my Rack and the Stage? I also assume I'll have a different owner name in the Kemper Rack and the Kemper Stage?

Thanks!

• To save the forum from my creating another thread, here's a follow up question:

I bought the Kemper Stage this morning and I'm picking it up this afternoon. I'll be copying everything in my current Kemper Rack to the Kemper Stage. Once I load the newest 7 operating system into the new Kemper Stage I'm planning on just doing a Backup on the Rack and doing a Restore to the Stage. I assume this will work perfectly, but my question is moving forward using Rig Manager with both the Rack and the Stage Kemper. Should I use two separate User Names in Rig Manager, one name for each Kemper? Or will Rig Manager know the difference between my Rack and the Stage? I also assume I'll have a different owner name in the Kemper Rack and the Kemper Stage?

Thanks!

Once you have restored your Rack backup in your Stage go to the start dialogue in the Stage to give it a name like 'Stage' as opposed to 'Rack'.

This way you can distinguish them easily in RM.

No need to have a different owner name both on the machines as well as in RM.

• Once you have restored your Rack backup in your Stage go to the start dialogue in the Stage to give it a name like 'Stage' as opposed to 'Rack'.

This way you can distinguish them easily in RM.

No need to have a different owner name both on the machines as well as in RM.

Ingolf, thank you very much!